Business Analyst (CML) - 12 Month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Central Management & Operations (Change & Business Improvement)
Role: Business Analyst (CML) - 12 Month FTC
Location: Glasgow. Travel may be required from time to time.
Reporting to: CML Programme Manager
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations.
The Change & Business Improvement function is engaged in the delivery of a core part of the firm's business plan to help drive performance to 2023, and enable the firm to build and provide market leading business services. This includes making organisation changes (including processes and changes to service delivery) which allows the firm to be able to respond to the changing demands of clients, evolving technology and market efficiency drives, and embrace different ways of working.
This role will be working as part of the CML programme, working closely with existing teams to understand the processes they currently undertake and helping to document and streamline those processes to make them suitable for use in a centralised and shared services environment. It will include analysis, documentation and streamlining of end to end business processes relating to working practice and procedures (As-Is and To-Be), focusing on understanding and documenting the As-Is processes, creating the To-Be process documentation, and being part of the project team to transform the way they work globally.
- Capturing of As-Is client matter lifecycle processes along with all controls, inputs, outputs and costs.
- Development of workable To-Be client matter lifecycle processes that deliver efficiencies, cost savings and global standardisation of working practice.
- Capturing of As-Is client matter lifecycle related data set up/flows, systems, operating behaviours and challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct meetings and workshops to capture functional requirements and verifying with user representatives/stakeholders.
- Support the creation of business procedures and related user documentation, including training materials.
- Assist and contribute to project planning activities to ensure clarification of scope, benefits and risks (probability and impact assessment).
- Develop and support delivery of the project/workstream implementation plan through all phases of delivery; laser focus on driving forward the critical path (including requirements gathering, contract negotiation, development and testing through to implementation and handover to the operations and support teams).
- Close liaison with technology teams and workflow developers to automate processes wherever beneficial to do so.
- Identification of, and close liaison with, stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Close liaison with project managers to plan and manage implementation of To-Be processes.
- Work collaboratively with the Change and Communications and training teams to manage internal and external communications related to target operating model to all levels of stakeholders both business and functional.
- Liaise with the workstream leads and Senior Business Analyst to ensure that the proposed outcomes, solutions, supporting systems, processes and plans fully support the business requirements.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Risk and Compliance processes and New Business Intake systems (preferably Intapp Open).
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst working on process mapping, requirements gathering, streamlining processes, and implementing process efficiencies within a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex, large-scale business transformation within a global organisation.
- Project transformation experience particularly around new business intake and matter maintenance processes and controls.
- Strong planner with ability to spot tenuous links and critical process dependencies.
- Organised and able to prioritise diverse workload to meet deadlines within robust project framework.
- Working knowledge of different analysis techniques/methods, including requirements definition and specification.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context.
- Demonstrates an ability to quickly understand the key component steps and interfaces within operational business processes and model new processes/procedures.
- Good attention to detail whilst being a logical thinker, clear communicator and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of business process mapping methodology and disciplines.
- Very proficient in the use of MS Office tools (especially Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Able to liaise and influence senior stakeholders within the firm.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations, with ability to challenge and motivate others.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with an ability to bring clarity to an operational environment with complex influencing factors.
- Possesses strong customer mindset and a desire to deliver world-class service outcomes.
- Effective problem solving, planning and decision making skills in a complex environment.
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge of other Intapp Open products such as Conflicts, Terms or Total Time an advantage.
- Preferably, experience of managing business change within a shared services environment with strong focus on standardisation and optimisation.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement and Project Management methodologies (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, Agile, PRINCE).