HR Coordinator, Early Careers
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: HR, Early Careers
Role: HR Coordinator, Early Careers
Reporting to: HR Manager, National Early Careers Programs
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm
To support with recruitment of high calibre early career talent in the UK.
Campus attraction and vacation schemes
- Assist with attraction and sourcing strategy to promote Ashurst Advance and Early Careers programmes. This will be across different media and events. Define and monitor the success of different channels, media, publications and websites to refine the sourcing strategy.
- Assist with planning and organisation of Ashurst Advance and Early Careers specific presentations to colleges, schools and universities and represent the firm on campus and at any law and careers fairs.
- Liaise with Careers Services, faculties and student societies about events and profile raising.
- Act as recruitment contact for college and university careers teams to ensure good representation and coverage of Ashurst brand. Operational working relationship with other third party providers who work with school students to ensure a diverse pipeline of apprenticeship candidates.
- During busy campus and recruitment periods, attend on campus and in-office events, as well as assisting and facilitating vacation schemes (1 winter, 2 summer and 1 spring).
- Distribution of promotional items, brochures, print ads and other information to faculties, careers services, law societies and other student groups/events.
- Book venues and make travel arrangements for campus action teams and other internal attendees for campus events.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with partner interview committee and those fee-earners involved in campus activity.
- Attending law fairs and other events on campus to promote the firm. This may involve weekly travel during busy term-time periods.
- Maintain and update Applicant Tracking System (CVmail).
- Organise pre-selection of candidates for interview against a robust criteria that removes bias and encourages applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Act as referral point for prospective candidates or contacts and manage general enquiries.
- Schedule interviews with candidates and interviewers, to include room booking and tenacious collation of feedback.
- During interview periods, assist team with interviewing candidates for training contracts, vacation schemes, Ashurst Advance vacancies.
- Maintain interview and offer tracker.
- Deliver feedback to all candidates who reach interview stage.
- Generate and manage flow of offer documentation and instruct onboarding process.
- Liaising with the HR transactions team as appropriate.
- Organise the production of induction and training packs, including materials for PSC exams at University of Law.
- Produce induction and training materials for vacation scheme inductions (three per year).
- Act as main facilitator for all Vacation Scheme, Trainee and Legal Analyst inductions. Organising all programmes including liaising with presenters, refreshing materials, delivering housekeeping presentation, photocopying passports and assisting with day one onboarding.
- Assisting and leading on content creation for our social media plan.
- Update our events, activities and news to promote through social media channels and liaising with our social media team.
- Lead on developing and managing content for our website with the use of social media.
- Assisting with answering candidate queries via online platform Pathmotion and overseeing and responding to all queries in the Graduate Recruitment mailbox.
- Responsible for all administration including processing all invoices and candidate expenses, keeping up-to-date trackers of budget spend, payments of maintenance grants and university fees.
- Keeping in regular contact with future joiners regarding queries and also updating any data changes.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within recruitment admin role ideally within Early Careers space.
- Experience working with ATS systems and being comfortable within a High Volume recruitment environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide campaign wrap-up analysis on recruitment campaigns and outcomes.
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage a busy and changing workload efficiently and effectively.
- Good event management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Personable and approachable style in order to communicate well at all levels.
- Persuasive and confident.
- Experience of social media best practices and resources.
- Work well within a team and work autonomously when needed.
- Flexible approach.
- Proactive approach with a 'can-do' attitude. Able to generate new ideas and be passionate about innovation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).