HR Consultant, Partner HR
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area - People & Culture
Role: Consultant, Partner HR
Location: Glasgow or Brisbane
Reporting to: Head of Partner HR
Hours of work: Full Time permanent. Our culture supports agile working and so working hours and location of work will be agreed with your line manager.
The Partnership Office is the centre of expertise in relation to the holder of, and advisor on, approach, policies, and processes as they relate to partners.
Collaborating with the Head of Partner HR and HR teams globally, the role advises, manages and supports the full HR life cycle of Partners, including their promotion, integration, performance and well-being to help us achieve our exciting business and people priorities.
- Primary point of contact for all partner queries from partners, HR Managers and all other areas of the firm.
- Responsible for the coordination of partner movements and processes in relation to lateral hires, internal promotions, secondments and retirements.
- Review, amend and email letters, contracts, partnership agreements and ad-hoc communications prepared by central HR teams to ensure correspondence is appropriate, accurate and any risks are managed.
- Responsible for the partner appraisal process, including collating and preparing partners' self-reviews, feedback reports and sending to appropriate parties.
- Collaborate with the Partner Finance team, local HR Managers, the Risk Team, and benefits specialists to ensure remuneration and role changes/notifications are implemented, structured in accordance with the local taxation and employment law requirements, and the firm's constitution.
- Ensure all partners are registered and compliant with all appropriate regulatory bodies, such as the SRA and Companies House.
- Implement and manage the partnership voting distribution lists and provide cover for overall ballot process.
- Responsible for co-ordinating communications around partner relocation and managing expectations of moving partners in line with the global relocation policy, including secondment letters, employment contracts and partnership agreements.
- Manage the relationship with relocation agents and immigration consultants as required for partner relocations.
- Responsible for the continued development of the global partner intranet site, fulfilling the role of principal publishing editor for the site and Partner HR area.
- Preparation of retirement letters for retiring partners and implementing departing partner protocol.
- Assist the Head of Partner HR with ad hoc partner initiatives and provide cover in their absence.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience within HR advisory is essential.
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising work load, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
- Proactive ability to identify and implement business process improvements.
- Proven ability to communicate with confidence at all levels and strong relationship building skills.
- Client-focused work ethic, willing to invest discretionary extra effort to get the job done.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player, contributing to the success of the HR team through collaboration.
- Preference for CIPD qualified or working towards qualification.