We are seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll function in Bristol within a future facing international law firm.
About the role
We require a support to the Payroll Manager in delivering an accurate and timely payroll service along with the administration of pension arrangements.
Processing, calculating and recharging of overtime payments
* Submit payroll by set deadline to create BACS automation
* Create and update payroll standard operating procedures in conjunction with third party systems. (Payroll currently SDWorx).
* Process and reconcile cycle to work & season ticket loans repayments.
* Complete manual adjustments as and when required (e.g. starter and leavers after payroll cut-off).
* Process all third party payments via bacs payments by legislative deadlines.
* Complete general administration duties (e.g. sending out tax forms, updating manual and computerised records).
* Use appropriate discretion in handling of confidential employee information.
* Assist in dealing with employee payroll queries.
* Produce the payroll ledger journal posting.
* Assisting with all pensions administration and interfaces
* Run various payroll reports as and when required.
* Support third party systems ensuring a reconciliation of information held by both HR & Payroll.
Knowledge of SDWorx is desirable
* Intermediate Excel and Word is essential
* Able to use initiative
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to follow through tasks
Previous experience in a payroll background. (CIPP professional desirable but not essential)
5 GCSEs including Maths and English (Grade C and above)
CMS are delighted to be named Law Firm of the Year at the 2018 British Legal Awards.
CMS is an international law firm with leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. We create sustainable and rewarding futures for our clients, our people and our communities.
Ranked as the world's 5th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in over 40 countries from 70+ offices worldwide.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status ("Protected Characteristics").
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Esther Caines, Talent Acquisition Advisor, for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.