Associate / Senior Associate, Environment & Safety
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We are looking to hire an experienced Environmental and Safety Lawyer to join our highly regarded London based Planning and Environment Group.
The Environment and Safety team acts for public and private sector clients on a wide range of environmental and safety matters, advising on the environmental and safety aspects of energy, transport and infrastructure projects; providing standalone strategic and regulatory advice; and supporting property, finance and corporate transactions.
The team works closely with colleagues from across all divisions of the firm, and plays a pivotal role in the firm's Global Sustainability Practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced environmental and safety lawyer to join a collegiate and growing team offering excellent career development, responsibility and top quality work in a high performance and supportive environment.
We are happy to consider full-time or part-time applicants and we encourage applications from those seeking agile working.
Essential skills and experience:
- Mid to senior level lawyer with experience in an international law firm
- Excellent technical and analytical skills across contractual drafting, due diligence and providing regulatory and strategic advice
- A desire to build client relationships and develop own client network
- Manage projects and transactions, and liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development and strong interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to understanding clients' needs and delivering a first class service
- Understanding the industries and the commercial challenges and opportunities in which our clients operate
- Enthusiasm for the subject area and proactive, organised, and enjoys working in a team
- Advising corporate, investor and public sector clients on environmental and safety regulatory matters
- Property and M&A transactions and large scale infrastructure project work
- Advising on enforcement action, regulatory investigations and litigation
An established Career Path Framework is in place clearly defining expectations and outlining opportunities for promotion.
Opportunities often arise for lawyers to spend time on secondment in house with a key client of the firm. From time to time, secondment opportunities also come up within other Ashurst offices in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.