Due to continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Assistant, internally known as a Work Acceptance Assistant to join the Risk & Compliance team.
This is a permanent, full time position (9am-5pm) and although usually based in the Bristol office, at present due to the UK Government guidelines, this position will be working remotely.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
A positive and supportive team culture is a vital part of both the Work Acceptance and the wider Risk & Compliance Team. Working together is at the heart of everything we do. It enables us to deliver a professional, high standard of service to the business within a happy and enjoyable environment. We believe in nurturing each person's strengths, supporting them when they need it and encouraging them to progress through personal development and training. We are a progressive and ever adapting team where opinions are always valued and input is always welcome.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Work Acceptance Manager, the main purpose of this role is to undertake all tasks associated with the firm's Work Acceptance procedures to ensure compliance by the firm with its regulatory obligations.
- Data review
- Conflict checking
- Filtering and/or analysis
- Monitoring of engagement letters (if required)
- Client and matter maintenance
- Ad hoc matter opening or risk related processes
You may also be required to undertake some Client Due Diligence research and/or checks and to provide relevant support and training to fee earners within the UK and associated Osborne Clarke international offices, to business support teams and where required to the wider Risk & Compliance team to ensure the efficient operation of the compliance processes.
To facilitate this you will need to develop and maintain 'internal client' relationships across the organisation to allow for delivery on key objectives. You will also assist with projects undertaken by or impacting on Risk & Compliance, as required.
What we're looking for
You will have experience within administration or compliance based roles, ideally within a professional services environment although a background in other environments will be considered. You will also have a strong eye for detail and a genuine interest in the regulatory industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make appropriate fact based assessments
- Excellent communication skills - able to give clear responses to requests, particularly those which are insufficient to action without further information being provided by the requestor
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills, able to interact with people at all levels and effectively as a team player
- Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise workloads
- Able to follow instructions and maintain momentum, even with repetitive tasks
- Proficient working with a range of MS Office programmes - in particular, Excel
- Experience with a variety of databases or Compliance systems is advantageous, but not essential
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.