We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Trainer to join our IT Team. The main purpose of this role is to improve our people's IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the company's IT systems.
This is a permanent, full-time position, usually based out of our Bristol office, although we are happy to consider some home working for this position too, but at present due to the UK Government guidelines, this position will be working remotely.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
One of the main responsibilities for this role is to deliver our IT induction training to our UK and international new joiners with the aim of ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform effectively in their role. You will also run group training courses and one to one coaching sessions on our standard IT applications and hardware. The aim of these sessions will be to improve our people's use of technology in a measurable fashion and in line with the company's IT proficiencies framework. Furthermore you will assist the Projects IT Training Manager with the creation of support materials for new software or upgrade projects and provide roll out training to our UK and international offices.
All training is currently delivered online via Microsoft Teams but a certain proportion may be delivered face to face in the future.
Other duties will include:
- Assist with the creation of online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and weekly tips and tricks articles
- Research, design, deliver and support new learning mediums such as workshops, seminars and e-learning
- Work alongside other members of the IT Training team to maintain existing courses and training materials in line with technical upgrades
- Prepare fully prior to all training or coaching sessions, addressing all requirements in advance
- Work with the training administrator to ensure each training initiative is run efficiently
- Carry out effective evaluation and validation of each training initiative and individual sessions for the purpose of management reports
- Assist the IT Training manager in identifying training needs on an individual and group basis
- Work with the IT ServiceDesk Analysts to answer queries on the use of MS Office and other legal IT applications
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills required to fulfil the role
- Be aware of the risks associated with elevated access permissions and Information Security and ensure that your actions are undertaken in line with the Information Security Policy and current best practice
- Answer ad hoc training queries sent directly to the IT Training team
We are looking for
A qualified and experienced IT Trainer with a background ideally in professional services. You will also have experience in e-learning solutions, gained within an accredited service environment such as ITIL or similar.
- Confident at delivering training online as well as face-to-face
- Essential to have excellent IT skills; advanced use of Word, with sound knowledge of the other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of legal IT systems; including document management systems, CRM tools and time recording software and SharePoint is advantageous
- Technical authoring experience
- Ability to work autonomously and to schedule your own resource appropriately
- Capable of multitasking, working under pressure and to working to tight deadlines
- Creative thinker who is able to, and enjoys solving problems for users
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications
- Committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service to users
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe in the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 917 4162.
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke we value difference and encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual or romantic orientations. We want everyone to feel that OC is a place where you can be yourself and where you belong, and our range of interest groups and diversity networks - not to mention our great teams - are a part of making that a reality.
We support working families via a range of family and caring friendly policies and will accommodate flexible working where we can. We value the health and wellbeing of our people: for example, we're signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, have an active network of mental health champions and offer free initiatives and flexible benefits to all our people.
Being an inclusive employer is important to us. We have made a number of external commitments such as the Race Fairness Commitment and Women in Law Pledge, and are working with organisations like Stonewall to become a more inclusive employer.
Osborne Clarke is a Living Wage Employer, so we're committed to paying everybody in our business enough to live on and to enable them to save for the future.
We want you to be able to show us your best during the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments to be made during the application, interview process or when working with us, please let us know.