IT Operations Engineer
Our IT Operations team are looking for someone to join them as an IT Operations Engineer. The successful candidate will provide 3rd line level support of OC's global Data and Voice Network Infrastructure, Servers and Systems.
This is a full time, permanent position, ordinarily based out of our Bristol office although we are happy to consider some home working for this position too (at present the position is fully remote working). Standard working hours are Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, as well as one Saturday per month.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 25 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
You will be part of the IT Operations team and as such provide a comprehensive level of support to the global business for Osborne Clarke's virtual infrastructure, networking components and key services such as Unified communications and email.
You will also be fully engaged in the ongoing Azure migration plan for some of Osborne Clarke's services to the cloud.
Key duties will also include:
- Support, operate and manage the delivery of the operational platforms, hardware, operating systems and core technologies, including provision, documentation, maintenance etc.
- Maintain and develop the integrity and security of all components comprising various client's network and operational platforms, including all data
- Work in collaboration with suppliers, and with other members of the IT teams to ensure the smooth delivery of such products to the firm
- Test, implement and support any internally or externally developed applications as assigned
- Be aware of advances in technology, new software applications and new hardware in order to serve as an advisor to other employees
You will be
We are looking for someone who is used to working in a demanding network support environment with a high level of personal responsibility. We'll expect you to have good knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, networking principles and Windows server architecture and services. Alongside this, a good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and the Azure platform will also be needed. Further technical requirements can be found below:
- VMWare experience plus some hyperconverged infrastructure exposure would be preferable
- Azure framework knowledge
- MPLS/SD-WAN management and troubleshooting WAN/LAN data communications, VPN Management
- WAN/LAN monitoring and management systems
- Unified Communications ideally Skype for Business and/or Teams
- Previous experience of best practice security solutions and their implementation
- Network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Microsoft Exchange 2016/Office 365
- Remote working solutions Server hardware (Dell) including Blade enclosures such as VxRail and VRTX
- Patch management systems including SCCM
- ITIL or IT Service Management experienced
- Able to create and maintain IT records with high attention to detail
- Be proficient in hardware and software products, and deliver accurate documentation, reports and processes as needed
- Show initiative and good judgment with the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice and concentrate in an environment of multiple demands and distractions
- Able to multi-task and oversee multiple projects with tight deadlines and perform accurately under such time pressures and constraints
- Be a well-organised, self-motivated, problem solver who can work independently but also be able to work collaboratively as part of a wider team, with the best interests of the team and your customers being paramount
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Philippa Watson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.