eDiscovery Senior Project Manager
Simmons & Simmons are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our growing eDiscovery team.
The Senior Project Manager will provide consultative and technical expertise in the delivery of eDiscovery services to Simmons & Simmons' lawyers and clients. You will help lead the project management team and to assist in creating innovative, market-leading eDiscovery solutions that are tailored to each case.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To educate, consult with and advise lawyers and clients on data identification, collection and processing, including the use of early case assessment (ECA) strategies and workflows.
- To educate, consult with and advise lawyers and clients on bespoke document review strategies and workflows and to ensure that the most innovative and efficient techniques are being used on every project.
- To educate, consult with and advise lawyers and clients on the use of analytics to assist in disclosures, investigations, employment tribunals, contract review and DSARs. This includes everything from communication analysis to technology assisted review (TAR) and continuous active learning (CAL).
- To help lead the project management team on a day to day basis and ensure all tasks and projects are being successfully managed.
- To educate, consult with and advise lawyers and clients on relevant court rules and practice directions.
- To drive the firm's understanding and use of all types of eDiscovery technology, especially conceptual analytics.
- To provide training and demonstrations to internal Simmons users, as well as external users and clients.
- To assist with electronic trial preparation and advise on best practices and workflows for the use of electronic bundles in court.
- To provide technical expertise, leadership and training to the project management team.
- To work with the Head of eDiscovery to support the development and implementation of the firm's eDiscovery strategy and best practices.
- To work with the Head of eDiscovery to deliver cutting edge, innovative, technical solutions that are customised to fit the needs of each project and individual client.
- To assist in the development of marketing and training materials for various eDiscovery platforms, bespoke technical solutions, customised workflows and the eDiscovery Solutions' recommended practices and procedures.
- To help build the education level and technical skills of the project management team.
- A leader who will be able to effectively manage a diverse team and support the education and career development of each team member.
- A fast learner who operates in a relaxed and friendly way.
- A team player who works well in a team environment but can also manage their workload independently.
- A technically proficient, logical and analytical person who will find solutions to technical problems and implement those solutions across the department.
Education & qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of project management or case management experience within the legal/eDiscovery industry.
- Law firm experience highly desired. Experience working at a litigation support service provider also a plus.
- Experience managing a team.
- Legal/IT or Business degree educated (essential).
- A strong technical understanding of litigation support and eDiscovery technology.
- Relativity Expert or Relativity Master certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years admin experience with Relativity (essential).
- Hands-on experience with predictive coding, technology assisted review, and/or continuous active learning (essential).
- Experience with other litigation support/edisclosure platforms both for processing and review (highly desirable).
- Experience with non-contentious projects such as contract review and due diligence exercises. (highly desirable)
- Experience with writing batch files, complex Excel queries and SQL queries (highly desirable).
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and proofreading.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage conflicting priorities and work under extremely tight deadlines.