Associate - Corporate (ECM)
Our Corporate team operates across the firm's network of offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our clients encompass national and multinational corporations, global financial institutions, asset managers and investment funds, governments and regulatory bodies. We combine our transactional expertise with in-depth sector experience focusing on Financial Institutions, Asset Management & Investment Funds, Life Sciences, TMT and Fintech.
In the UK our Corporate team currently comprises 17 partners and over 50 fee earners and focuses on the following core areas:
- M&A, public and private;
- Equity capital markets (including US Securities);
- Private equity, asset management and investment funds;
- Joint ventures, reorganisations and restructurings; and
- Corporate governance, compliance and advisory.
The UK Corporate team has two partners, Colin Bole and Jamie Corner, who focus exclusively on ECM. Colin has been at Simmons & Simmons for over 10 years since joining from the London office of a magic circle firm. Jamie joined Simmons & Simmons in Autumn 2020 from the London office of a leading Wall Street firm to support the continued growth of the practice. The wider ECM team includes a fully-integrated, London-based US securities law practice led by partner Charles Hawes, who has been at Simmons & Simmons for over 18 years since joining from the London office of a leading Wall Street firm. Charles is supported in London by counsel Andrea Tompkins who joined Simmons & Simmons in 2019 from the London office of a magic circle firm. The ECM team is also supported by and works closely with our market-leading, sell-side Financial Services Regulatory practice led in the UK by Charlotte Stalin, Penny Miller and Alex Ainley.
We are seeking to recruit two ECM-focused and experienced associates at Associate (0-4 PQE) / Supervising Associate (4-7 PQE) level, to join our UK Corporate team.
Candidates will be ambitious and self-starting and be looking to join a team that seeks to be recognised as one of the leading ECM practices in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the practice at a pivotal moment in our growth story and in the UK ECM landscape generally.
We are a close-knit, collaborative and collegiate team of recognised ECM specialists who work together across all of our key ECM client relationships. Our UK ECM practice is predominantly bank-side focused, but we also act for an increasing number of listed corporate issuers.
You will also work with other Corporate and Capital Markets partners and associates in London, Bristol and internationally, as part of a collegiate and supportive international team.
The successful candidates will:
- have significant UK ECM / Listing Rule sponsor transaction experience for their PQE, having worked within a Corporate or Capital Markets practice with a reputation for UK ECM, and a desire to focus on ECM;
- have a positive outlook, good energy and be able to see and grasp the ECM opportunity and the potential to further develop themselves at Simmons & Simmons;
- be intellectually curious and pride themselves on service excellence, responsiveness and exceeding expectations; and
- share the team's values (i.e., demonstrate ambition and entrepreneurial spirit / thrive on being challenged / be committed to the team and to our clients / think creatively / enjoy working collaboratively).