Assistant Update Project Manager - navigator
Simmons & Simmons navigator is our sector-leading online subscription service, covering key areas of financial services and tax regulation. It contains an unmatched breadth of content across eight services: funds, share disclosure, derivatives & FX, lending, banking, securities, corporate finance (the "navigator Products") and product tax. Since 2007 we've built a reputation as a globally trusted regulatory resource with content spanning over 140+ jurisdictions and we are constantly expanding.
The navigator team, within our Solutions team, which is responsible for the navigator Products, is now seeking to recruit an Assistant Update Project Manager to support the Update Project Manager and the wider team to keep the content of the navigator Products up-to-date.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Update Project as required in delivering the navigator quarterly update process, including:
- preparation of update communications and materials in advance of the update including instructing relevant administrative supports where appropriate/ available.
- instructing overseas counsel;
- assisting in keeping the project management of the update on course including ensuring the project management documents / systems remain up-to-date, keeping the legal team appraised of the status of the update/ allocated jurisdictions (including within regular team meetings during the update) and ensuring the update runs to the specified timescales;
- completion of allocated status tables entries;
- escalating issues to the lawyers within the team and following up to ensure action is taken;
- ensuring that all content is checked and uploaded to the live service via our Content Management System once finalised;
- updating status tables, homepages for each jurisdictions and heatmaps/ other visual tools where relevant;
- assisting lawyers with the preparation of the update round-up summary and publishing onto the live site;
- sending out the end-of-update communications to all subscribers as instructed;
- producing post-update summaries for the cross-border unit teams; and
- preparing post-update statistics.
- Assisting with ad-hoc updating by tracking assigned update matters via the master watchlist and calendar, proactively raising with the team of lawyers, corresponding with local counsel, updating and uploading materials and sending out relevant alerts;
- Assisting with the maintenance of the internal watchlist and keeping in contact with overseas counsel in respect of forthcoming legal and regulatory developments which may impact the navigator Products (with necessary escalation to the relevant member of the navigator legal team where relevant).
- Proactively diarising key dates and keeping the relevant lawyers within the team appraised of the keyupcoming changes for the service(s) they work on.
- Delegating work to support staff and secretarial support as appropriate.
- The processes of the team and the IT infrastructure it uses may change over time. It may be that the tasks set out above change accordingly, but the overarching purpose of the role will remain to support the delivery of up-to-date navigator content.
- There may be the requirement to project manage/ assist with the project management of such other regulatory projects as may be required. The nature and the scope of any duties and responsibilities will be determined and communicated on a project-by-project basis.
- There may be the requirement to assist on projects related to the provision of the navigator service, potentially including IT projects.
Supporting the navigator Team and Update Project Manager generally including:
- Reviewing news services emails, local counsel alerts and other materials and highlighting areas of potential impact on navigator materials to the navigator legal team;
- Supporting the navigator legal team to carry out navigator follow-up and/or discrete work with overseas counsel when required;
- Keeping records of agreed fee arrangements, reviewing overseas counsels' invoices and liaising with the Accounts Payable team for prompt payment;
- As requested, be involved with the development of new navigator services and navigator projects including discussions with the IT team on how to develop and improve service delivery;
- Being involved in ongoing process change and improvement including via the use of new technologies; and
- Assisting navigator client support team where necessary with subscriber queries, subscriber on-boarding, site maintenance and other IT issues.
- Strong academics including at least a 2:1 qualification (or equivalent).
- Applicants will ideally have between one and three years' office/ project management experience in a corporate environment.
- Driven and proactive approach to work and a willingness to be open to new styles of working and using new/ different forms of technology to deliver legal services.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships and networks with a variety of different individuals at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent IT skills (especially the use of Excel) and interest generally in the use of technology to improve efficiency. Experience of using content management systems would be a benefit.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a quality service to both internal and external clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative approach to problems and openness to new ideas / learning.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.