Practice Management System Upgrade Analyst (12 month contract)
We are currently recruiting for a Practice Management System Upgrade Analyst to join our London office on a 12 month contract. As a position in the Group Finance team, this role supports the implementation of global business objectives.
The primary focus during the contract period will be a project to update the version of the firm’s practice management system, Elite 3E. 3E is embedded across the business, and A&O uses a wide variety of its modules, ranging from billing & accounts payable to profitability & intercompany invoicing and balance management. We need someone to work alongside our existing team and be dedicated to testing across the breadth of 3E and its integrated systems.
The successful candidate will use existing test scripts and documentation as a starting point, but will need to adapt them to reflect changes in the software application and input from colleagues in the Group Finance team. Additionally, we maintain an extensive library of end user guides that will need to be updated to reflect changes in functionality and user interface, and the Analyst will have a critical role in the management and delivery of those updated materials.
Role and responsibilities
- Review existing documentation and work with colleagues to gain understanding of the various functional areas to be tested
- Execute testing across the system, including unit, regression and integration testing in multiple environments, working from prepared test scripts
- Amend test scripts as necessary to reflect updates to software
- Apply critical thinking to devise unscripted testing scenarios to be carried out by self or others
- Record defects and inconsistencies in the software lifecycle application, providing steps to recreate for both internal and external development teams
- Work with third party performance testing supplier to support their design and development of automation scripts
- Provide support to business testers from across our global network who assist with acceptance testing
- Manage inventory of end-user documentation, tracking what has been and needs to be updated
- Work with colleagues to amend end-user materials, including updating text and screenshots
- Work with colleagues to prepare and deliver training to business users in preparation for their transition to the new software
- Participate in other Finance projects as time and capacity allows
- Use of multi-currency legal practice management systems in a transactional or support capacity
- Need to have extensive experience of testing legal practice management systems from an end user perspective
- Experience of system upgrade projects including the planning and completion of testing
- Experience of working in matrix teams and managing projects within such structures
- Understanding of accounting principles and group structures
- Problem-solving skills with focus on creative, yet pragmatic solutions
- Accuracy, timeliness and consistency
- Ability to train & empower other finance staff on Finance-related topics
- Communication skills, including oral presentation to and technical writing for non-native English speakers
- Willingness to collaborate with others to achieve success as a team
- Initiative and desire to get the job done, with commitment to a high standard
Who we are looking for
- Significant experience with multi-currency legal practice management systems
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- SQL skills an advantage
- Experience of system upgrades of finance systems is useful
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.