Paralegal - Structured Finance - Fixed Term Contract
The Structured Finance group within ICM is widely admired as a leader in its area. Legal 500 and Chambers both rank us as a top tier practice and the group regularly wins awards itself and for the deals in which it is involved.
The group has expanded over the past few years and has a positive outlook for future growth. We are regularly engaged in transactions in the UK, across the rest of Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the International Capital Markets department (DSF), with an initial contract period of 6 months. The successful candidate will be hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, have a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Partners, Snr Associates & Associates
- Wider A&O community
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting Senior Associates and Associates with deal management, specifically transaction closings.
- Liaising with clients and other lawyers, including on post-closing matters.
- Extracting specified information from transaction documents and bond prospectuses.
- Database management and competent use of Microsoft Word.
- General paralegal duties and support, ad hoc queries and legal research.
- 2.1. law degree (or equivalent)
- Prior experience working as a paralegal helpful, but not essential
- LPC preferred
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work hard within a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and style with clients and other team members
- Excellent writing skills
- Good research and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Hard working, enthusiastic, team player
- High level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- General IT skills
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.