Senior Finance Business Analyst
Our Finance team have a brand new opportunity for someone to join them as a Senior Finance Business Analyst. Reporting to the International CFO, you'll co-ordinate, monitor and lead business analysis activities within Finance. More specifically, you'll be responsible for co-ordinating the review of the existing user requirements for a new practice management system across the OC National Businesses.
This is a full time, permanent role that ordinarily can be based out of any of our UK offices (Bristol, Reading or London), although we're happy to consider home working for this position too (at present the position is fully remote working).
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach and 3D client strategy enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially, we love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke has ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management.
What you'll do:
This is a brand new role within Finance so your main purpose will be to co-ordinate, monitor and lead business analysis activities within the department.
Initially you'll be responsible for co-ordinating the review of the existing user requirements for a new practice management system. Once requirements are confirmed, you will work closely with procurement and the International CFO, co-ordinating the RFP process with our shortlisted vendors.
You will be responsible for detailed process mapping and modelling and for re-engineering and translating user requirements into detailed operating model designs. This will include identifying areas which can be addressed ahead of the PMS implementation, such as certain data cleansing activities.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Document business requirements that can be translated into technical specifications to meet business needs
- Offer advice on process improvements, best practice and technical solutions to meet business needs
- Recommend cultural changes to better realise value from a solution
- Apply broad financial, systems and law firm knowledge to Identify and resolve core problems
- Recommend which problems must be resolved, which can be mitigated through other activities or approaches, and which can be accepted
Who we are looking for:
We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fluid and agile way, that can bring lots of ideas to the table, whilst also working in a process driven fashion.
This is a senior role and as such you'll need to have extensive previous experience within similar BA roles. Part of this experience will need to have been gained working on large scale financial systems implementations within an international law firm. We are looking for someone with meticulous attention to detail, who can not only map out processes and identify issues, but also offer pragmatic solutions.
- You will need to have demonstrable relevant experience and a good understanding of project methodologies (qualification desirable not essential), including in depth knowledge of core law firm financial processes
- In depth experience in requirements gathering, especially eliciting requirements from business services stakeholders in an international context
- You will be experienced in documenting 'as is' and 'to be' business processes and at Target Operating Model implementation
- Ability to handle and engage a range of stakeholders ranging from PAs, lawyers, finance and IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as Microsoft Office skills and Visio
- A team player who shares new ideas and promotes continuous improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Self-starter, ability to work within a fast-paced every changing landscape and ability to cope well under pressure
- Enthusiastic and proactive, ability to manage own time and workload with minimal supervision
- Experience in Aderant, 3E/ Elite or SAP (in a law firm environment)
- Qualified accountant is desirable
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Philippa Watson at Philippa.firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.