Senior Conflicts Analyst
Simmons and Simmons are looking for a Senior Conflicts Analyst to join our growing Risk team in either our Bristol or London office.
You will provide and manage the business acceptance of all new clients and matters which involves providing a conflict checking service to the whole firm, screening new business for sanctions, compliance with anti-money laundering requirements in relation to new matters, and communicating with the partnership. You will train members of the Firm on an ongoing basis and to respond to their day to day queries.
The successful candidate will support the Risk and Compliance legal team in ensuring compliance with the firm's legal and professional requirements by providing information and insight as necessary.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Risk management: conflict checking
- Developed understanding of rules around conflicts and experience of applying them
- Shared responsibility for providing the conflict checking service to the firm world-wide
- Handle conflict checks requests to an agreed standard using Microsoft Dynamics AX, and other databases as required
- Assist in maintenance of conflicts database
- Maintain related documentation and store evidence in FileSite in line with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that partners properly complete their risk profile requirements in the firm's onboarding system.
- Maintain Global Address Book party index on the conflicts database
- Use IT skills to search external commercial databases (e.g. searching commercial products to identify ownership and corporate structures).
- Consider CDD implications of related parties to a matter and the substance of the matter / matter risk assessment from all offices and liaising with AML team where applicable.
- Carrying out due diligence on third-party payers in line with the firm's policy.
- Being a point of contact for the team
- Managing Junior Conflicts and administrators on their tasks and overseeing their workload
- Training new members within the team on the Conflicts rules and how to complete conflicts checks using the firm's system
- Quality control reviews of output of Conflicts team to ensure standards are maintained.
- Take decisions on work prioritisation and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Supporting the Conflicts Team Manager
- Train members of the Firm on the firm's conflict procedures and how to complete conflicts checks using the firm's system
Education / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or have relevant specialist qualifications
- Minimum of two A levels or NVQ equivalent in Business Studies
- GCSE in English Language and Mathematics and a science
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Ability to develop knowledge, in legal processes and terminology, business resources
- Attain familiarity with client base
- Business research skills
- A strong understanding of the conflict rules
- An understanding of money laundering and KYC (Know your client) regulation in the context of taking on new matters
- Broad IT skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and InterAction and workflow desirable