Finance Systems Business Analyst (18 months FTC)
At DLA Piper, innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do. Together, we create exceptional experiences, outcomes and growth for our clients and people.
We make this happen with a culture where you bring your passion and individuality to work every day. We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
This is a new role within the Finance Systems Team and your main purpose will be to provide business analysis activities across the team.
Working in collaboration with IT Finance Matters, Service Delivery and Local Finance Teams, your focus will be primarily to deliver high caliber system analysis, support, help maintain live systems and ensuring business needs are met.
We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fluid and agile way, that can bring lots of ideas to the table, whilst also working in a process driven fashion and as such you'll need to have extensive previous experience within similar BA roles.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support system configuration and general system administration for Elite Enterprise and associated systems
- Support system testing and providing SME support during UAT for Elite Enterprise and associated systems
- Liaising with internal IT, IT Finance Matters and across all Finance Systems teams on the development of system integrations, enhancements and to overcome known problems.
- Investigate incidents, problems, requests for support and determine the appropriate action to take
- Ensuring all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of Service or Operational level agreements
- Help maintain, update training documentation and provide training across all FST teams as required.
- Supporting transition programme to the new ERP system through backfilling as required.
- Document business requirements that can be translated into technical specifications to meet business needs
- Offer advice on process improvements, best practice and technical solutions to meet business needs
- Apply broad financial, systems and law firm knowledge to Identify and resolve core problems
- Recommend which problems must be resolved, which can be mitigated through other activities or approaches, and which can be accepted
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a hybrid finance/Applications Analyst role with a Professional services or similar background
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail with some a proven record of mapping out processes, identifying issues and with the ability to offer pragmatic solutions
- Understanding of project delivery and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to pro-actively problem solve with a structured and logical approach
- Proven experience in system configuration, integration and support, with proven ability to work cross-functionally, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Knowledge of techniques for identifying, gathering and validating requirements in the delivery of services
- Demonstrate an understanding of finance processes
- Demonstrate ability to triage, investigate, explain and train end-users to understand route cause of issues, inconsistencies or improprieties within the system transactions
- Experience of working within a global law firm
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, or other Practice Management system, SAP Concur, Intapp Time
- A good knowledge of law firm finance systems posting Principles to the following Ledgers (AR, AP and GL)
- Knowledge of ETL, system integrations, data flow and able to provide input into new business processes
- Some experience of SQL reporting
- Demonstrate project and change awareness, with some background in producing system test scripts and keeping documentation up to date
- Good work ethic and can-do attitude/desire to get the job done
- Able to manage User expectations, be proactive in support and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- A genuine self-starter and able to quickly integrate into and add value to a team supporting over 3000 users
- Able to work across teams as well build external relationships with IT and other compliance teams in the business
- Desire to become SME with a competent understanding of legal IT functions
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.