Reward Specialist (12 month FTC)
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us as a Reward Specialist on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. Working alongside our Senior Reward Manager, the main purpose of this role is to develop and implement a new and innovative reward strategy for Osborne Clarke. This role is full time, and can be based remotely or out of any of our UK offices.
People are at the heart of our business. Our HR team is highly respected for the central and strategic role it plays in making Osborne Clarke a great place to work. The team is made up of 35 people, covering human resources, recruitment and people development across all three UK offices. We are a friendly and supportive team, working closely together to help ensure Osborne Clarke's continued growth and success.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
- Undertake a complete review of OC's current reward position (comp, bens and recognition)
- Make immediate recommendations for pay review, bonus and profit share FY 20/21
- Work with the Senior Reward Manager to develop a new reward strategy that aligns with our business and people strategies, our culture/EVP and our vision for the future of work in a post-pandemic world (comps, bens and recognition)
- Work closely with the Senior Reward Manager and existing reward team to implement the reward strategy during FY 21/22 (implementation plan, stakeholder engagement and comms plan)
- Work with the wider HR team to ensure alignment between our reward position and our approach to performance, talent, progression / promotion
- Ensure a one-firm approach is evident in our reward strategy
- Engage with stakeholders across the business and act as a subject matter expert for programmes of work that have a reward angle where necessary
- Share knowledge and expertise with existing reward team
- Define how we benchmark our reward position - e.g. what tools we use, who our competitors are
- Ensure policies and governance around reward processes is updated
Who we're looking for
As this is a specialist role, we are looking for someone who is a credible reward subject matter expert, with expertise and insight gained from multiple sectors including professional services experience (legal/partnership experience is ideal).
- Demonstrate extensive experience of developing and implementing reward strategies
- Be innovative, with future-focused thinking
- Collaborative, working well in a team and on your own
- Engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Philippa Watson in the recruitment team on email@example.com.
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.