PA - BTG (12 month FTC)
Our Business Transactions Group is seeking a PA on a 12 month fixed term contract to support a team of 7 fee earners within our Corporate and FIG (finance institution group) team. This is a full-time position, usually based out of our Bristol office, although we are happy to consider some home working for this position too, but at present due to the UK Government guidelines, this position will be working remotely.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
The main purpose of the role is to provide a highly professional, effective and proactive PA support to a busy team of lawyers of varying levels. This is a very busy and demanding role which requires a very organised and proactive individual. More specifically you will:
- Monitor and assist with management of mailboxes
- Anticipate and avoid potential diary clashes, provide conference dial in or VC details for all organised meetings in advance
- Take ownership and management of relevant email distribution lists
- Develop and maintain exemplary positive internal and external client and PA relationships
- Proactively take responsibility for travel arrangements, conference bookings and meeting room bookings in advance
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties and provide effective transfer of information
- Play an active role in managing the billing process working closely with our accounts team
- Map and submit property searches as required
- Collation and processing of expenses including proactive management
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved with ad-hoc projects as given by the team (and across OC)
- Work closely across teams to ensure work is completed by the appropriate persons
- Work with the Senior PA to continuously develop effective ways of working within the team
- To provide ad hoc support for the PA team (covering for other PA absences)
- Assist with ad hoc IT queries and liaise with our IT team to resolve the issue, particularly for new joiner
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced PA, who is able to use their own initiative, can demonstrate first class organisational skills and be an integral team player.
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Essential to work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook)
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe in the recruitment team on email@example.com or 0117 917 4162.
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.