Corporate Associate / Senior Associate
"Great quality in specialist areas..., which is hard to find outside London" – Chambers UK
We are looking for an Associate or Senior Associate to join our highly regarded top tier Corporate team in Bristol, particularly focusing on Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets & Governance work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and expanding team with the prospect of a varied and complex workload. You will have the opportunity to work on both national and international deals whilst also becoming involved in some of the South West region's most significant transactions.
The Bristol team provide the full spectrum of corporate services including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets, fund formation and financial services. We focus on acting for clients within the key sectors of digital business, financial services, real estate & infrastructure and energy & utilities. With clients such as large quoted companies, privately owned businesses, banks, financial institutions and private equity houses, in the last year the team have acted on over 60 deals with an aggregate value of over £2billion.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
"As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with" – Chambers UK
The team is led by David Ferris, Partner, and also comprises of 7 further Partners, 2 Legal Directors, 4 Associate Directors, 4 Senior Associates, 6 Associates, 3 Trainee Solicitors, 2 Paralegals and 1 Solicitor Apprentice. The team also works closely with the Corporate teams in Osborne Clarke LLP's Thames Valley and London offices, meaning that the department is made up of 70 lawyers overall.
Recent work undertaken by the team includes:
- Advised longstanding client Hargreaves Lansdown (FTSE100 financial services business) on its sale of Funds Library.
- We worked on the GCP backed management buyout of GTS Flexible Materials Group Limited.
- We advised on the sale of Techmodal Limited to BAE Systems Surface Ships (Holdings) Limited.
- Advised on a secondary placing and open offer for Creo Medical Group plc.
- Provided advice to Veezu Holdings Ltd in connection with re-financing of the Company.
- Advised Business Growth Fund on its £6 million investment in Amdaris, an industry-leading software developer and digital transformation specialist.
- Advised Blackmead Infrastructure Ltd on the MBO of Signature Property Finance Holdings Limited.
- Advised Cadence Equity Partners on its investment in Aquam Water Services (AWS), a provider of outsourced services to the UK Water industry.
- Advised Arcus FM Limited on the acquisition of Building Energy Management Services Ltd.
- Supported The Renewables Infrastructure Group (UK) Limited on the acquisition of windfarm project company Blary Hill Energy Limited.
Technical skills and experience
You will have gained a wide range of experience within Corporate during training at a well-respected City or National firm. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience within Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets. Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking to an Associate or Senior Associate, although we will consider candidates with more or less experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or email@example.com.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.