Senior Risk Analyst
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
CMS have a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Risk Analyst to join our recently restructured Risk & Compliance Team!
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the role
This is a newly created role and offers a great opportunity for the right candidate to make a real contribution towards the shape and vision of this forward-thinking Department.
The role supports the Head of Risk/Senior Risk Manager in identifying and managing the firm's regulatory, compliance and professional risks.
The role involves managing risk across all of Cameron Mckenna Nabarro Olswang LLP ("CMNO") offices, ensuring that CMNO's reputation is preserved and professional rules and laws are complied with.
- Manage the Risk Team inbox and responding to a wide range of compliance queries raised by fee earners and business support departments ("internal clients")
- When necessary work closely with the Conflicts Manager to resolve escalated conflict issues, of a commercial and legal nature, within the firm
- Respond to general risk queries on the interpretation and application of the SRA Code of Conduct
- Providing support to internal clients on general compliance matters such as share dealing, confidentiality obligations, outside interests, anti-bribery and corruption
- Assisting with auditor, third party reliance, secondment and supplier documents
- Advise internal clients on the use of engagement letters and terms of business, including key provisions such as, conflict wavier language, confidentiality, limitation of liability
- Review and advise on client terms, working closely with the Risk Department's Contract Lawyer
- Deliver firm-wide training on compliance and risk issues so that internal clients are kept up to date with the firm's policies and procedures as well as understanding their personal responsibilities
- Assisting with internal risk assessments, audits and investigations
- Assisting with data protection issues, such as data breaches and subject access requests
- Reviewing client file requests in accordance with firm protocol
- Maintain and improve systems, processes, procedures, policies and team guidance
- Acting as a point of contact on regulatory risk issues from the wider new business intake teams, including Conflicts, AML and Matter Administration
- Advise internal clients on any relevant risk and compliance issues associated with the taking on of new business
- Monitor developments in relevant law, regulation, policy and market practice and work with the Head of Risk/Senior Risk Manager in amending existing policies and procedures or drafting new ones as necessary
- Assisting the Head of Risk/Senior Risk Manager with various strategic risk projects from time to time and the firm's General Counsels
- Building the profile of the Risk Department within CMNO
- Experience of working in an international commercial law environment
- Ability to handle conflicts and difficult queries with diplomacy and tact
- Able to demonstrate structured critical thinking skills
- Sound judgement and analytical skills
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Training experience in compliance procedures
- Data protection experience
- Experience in resolving complex conflict issues
- Contract review experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in compliance and professional practice regulation
- Knowledge of the SRA code of Conduct
- Excellent research and analytical experience
- Discrete and professional as the information will be confidential and sensitive
- Flexible and able to adapt to new situations, processes and technology.
- Proactive, resilient and calm under pressure
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.