Business Development Assistant
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: ASC Client
Role: Business Development Assistant
Reporting to: Team Leader, ASC Client
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, flexibility between 8.00 - 19.30 (staggered working arrangement).
You may be required to work additional hours based on work requirements
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) supports the firm to deliver smart and scalable business services. An experienced team of problem solvers and service professionals are designing a "one stop shop" for essential services across the employee and client lifecycles.
The aim is to create a business service engine which will support our progressive law firm. Since 2020, ASC has a team over 100 service professionals operating primarily out of Brisbane and Glasgow responsible for delivering a joined-up user experience across a number of essential services. ASC Client is part of that team.
With a Business Development, Brand Marketing & Communications (BD and BMC) focus, ASC Client helps to execute the firm's clients and markets strategy driving profitable growth with a specific focus on our chosen sectors and priority clients. We are in the midst of a global BD and BMC transformation aimed at improving our client experience, driving marketing campaigns, leveraging data analytics and client insights, significantly enhancing operational excellence and building out new BD & Marketing capabilities.
The Business Development (BD) Assistant will be a part of our global ASC Client team providing operational support to BD and BMC and ASC teams, supporting the end to end delivery of the client lifecycle. A significant focus of the role will be assisting with the development of capability statements, client presentations, as well as the management of our publications process and client reporting which are all key to the firm winning business and being recognised as a market leader.
The BD Assistant will operate as an integral part of Ashurst's Service Central - ASC Client, in collaboration with the ASC function, and crucially will have a positive attitude to working with teams throughout the firm and in relation to continuous personal development.
ASC Client operates closely as a global team with team members based in Brisbane and Glasgow. The team operates under a Follow The Sun (FTS) model to deliver tasks efficiently to clients by utilising the different time zones effectively. A central workflow management system is used by ASC Client to manage new and ongoing work requests, record time taken to complete tasks and maintain visibility on current team capacity.
- Providing administrative and operational support in the implementation of the firm's strategy.
- Preparing and maintaining marketing materials, including website/intranet content, client publications, brochures and pitch/revenue pursuit material.
- Assisting with preparing legal directory and awards submissions as well as league table submissions.
- Creating high quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Developing reporting for a number of the firm's priority clients.
- Providing support on events and other profiling initiatives.
- Assisting on other ad hoc projects, as directed.
- Forming positive working relationships, particularly with the BD and BMC and ASC teams.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication - able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Strong ability to operate firm systems and generate reports/data quickly and accurately.
- Collaborative, team-orientated approach with the flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop your role and skillset.
- An ability to work with remote teams with an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences in working styles.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders - especially under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others.
Desired skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing or related relevant field.
- Ideally, previous relevant experience in a professional services or corporate environment. However, attitude and a willingness to learn is equally important.
- Experience with CRM software, including InterAction.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Ability to read and write in Chinese (simplified) will be an advantage.