Application Specialist - 12 month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Information Technology
Role: Application Specialist - 12 month FTC
Location: Based at Ashurst's Glasgow office. Some international travel may be required from time to time
Working Remotely 60/40 post Covid-19
Reporting to: Global Applications Manager
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Flexible Working 60/40 Post Covid-19
On-call rota will be required.
Department/ Role Overview:
This role is located in the Information Technology Department.
The primary role will be a Cherwell Administrator providing break fix and continuous improvements and enhancements, through ITSM ticket requests.
This will be for multiple automated business Processes and workflow developed in Cherwell supporting Ashurst Service Central department.
Providing 2nd line support to all business departments on Cherwell and liaising with our Cherwell Developers on a daily basis.
Although global ITSM Administration and Support for business units is the primary role. This position will be expected to learn, provide cover, and technical support on all existing and new key business applications under Core Apps Portfolio as and when required.
- Resolving 2nd line application specific related ticketing requests and incidents
- Supporting & troubleshooting Ashurst Service Central Department and other business users on continuous improvement of their Processes, Tasks, Dashboards, Approvals and automated workflow on the ITSM product.
- Configure and enhance core application, including but not limited to blueprints, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incidents, Knowledge Base, Management, Project & Portfolio, and Reporting.
- Administration of ITSM platform, including issue and performance mitigation, health checks
- Participate in deployment of features and releases
- Support and Define ITSM Process flows as per customer requirements
- Work with the Operations and Senior Administrators/Developers to implement and enforce policies, processes and procedures to ensure adoption and effective usage of ITIL best practices.
- Tracking and managing business change request processes.
- Troubleshooting and Root cause analysis of Applications
- Although the primary role will be ITSM support. The role will require to work closely with Core Applications, IT Operations Teams and application Vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to multiple applications that fall under Our Core Applications Portfolio.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in an Application System Admin Role using ITIL Processes.
- IT Administration experience with Cherwell Service Management or other IT Service Management solutions is essential.
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to administer and troubleshoot multiple applications / systems
- Solid knowledge of Virtual Server Infrastructure & Networking.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft SQL statements and clauses would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on continuous service-improvement
- The ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage ad hoc requests
- Exceptional written / documentation skills.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience administering forms, dashboards, one step actions, automation processes and security rights in CSM or similar exposure to these features in another ITSM platform.
- Cherwell Administration Foundation -ILT /Designer Essentials courses attended or similar ITSM platform qualifications would be desirable but not essential. Training can be provided.
- Experience administrating and supporting other legal technologies such as Intapp Suite, CRM, iManage Document Management, HighQ Collaborate.
- ITIL V3 or 4 Certification, Six Sigma or other TQM training and certification would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working in applications support within the Legal Sector.