BD Executive - Securitisation and Corporate Trustee & Agency
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced BD Executive to join our London office and be integral member of the International Capital Markets (ICM) business development team, this role will work with the Senior BD Manager and two Senior BD Assistants (based in Belfast) and will provide BD support to both the market-leading London Securitisation (SEC) and Corporate Trustee & Agency (CT&A) product groups within ICM. In total, these practices comprise 10 partners and c45 lawyers.
Role and responsibilities
- SEC and CT&A BD – working with the Senior BD Manager (SEC and CT&A) you will assist with and deliver proactive day-to-day BD support. This includes pitching (including panel opportunities), presentation support, budget preparation assistance and monitoring, client hospitality, client targeting, relationship management, client listening, organising client and industry roundtables, awards and directory submissions, maintaining credentials and experience, associate business development activities and co-ordinating efforts with related ICM product groups.
- Marketing events and seminars – helping manage the sponsorship of a market-leading and very large-scale global conference (Global ABS) and managing and hosting a large annual client party in Barcelona. There are a number of other activities associated with this that you will help organise including securing speaker slots and managing an exhibition stand at the conference. Both SEC and CT&A run a number of other important annual events that reinforce client relationships. Your role will be important to ensure these continue to be a success and management of such events, with support from our internal events team will play a large part of your role. Over the past year, we have adapted to virtual events and these will continue with the view to become more of a hybrid model.
- In addition – assisting the Senior BD Manager (SEC and CT&A) with:
- Business planning and advice – provide focus to the delivery and direction of BD activities. Play a key influencing role with partners on business development activities and projects.
- Proposals – take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London-based SEC and CT&A proposals. Input into documents prepared by other practice groups and offices requiring the relevant expertise. Seek client feedback, capture proposal outcomes and prompt lawyers to act upon feedback.
- Client relationship building – assist partners, associates and BD colleagues in the management of strategic client relationships and coordinate client targeting efforts across the SEC & CT&A groups. Work with the central client relationship management (CRM) team on specific client tactics, including secondee debriefs, client presentations and training, etc. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the key clients in the market.
- Market and client research – to support business planning activities.
- Internal communications – help maintain the flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Campaign management – work with the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- BD tactics – responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools: Work with PAs and the BD assistants to ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up-to-date; maintain updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs; and track and ensure deal information is regularly and accurately captured in the firm’s experience system, EPiC.
- Working closely and mentoring the BD assistants in Belfast.
- Additional projects – Opportunity to assist in firm wide, local, departmental or practice area projects.
- Personable and with a track record of successfully influencing individuals in a partnership or similar.
- Team orientated with a willingness to share ideas, experiences and support junior team members.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent, robust, resilient and committed to "getting the job done".
- Good humoured and positive outlook.
- Experience of managing large scale international events from evaluating the feasibility of potential ideas to execution.
- A willingness to develop an understanding of complex financial products.
- Experience of delivering successful marketing initiatives and with fresh thinking on business challenges.
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task (especially urgent requests) with strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (especially ability to network and to be clear, concise and influential with partners and associates).
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion.
- Gains respect and credibility quickly.
- An interest in learning about all facets of international capital markets would be beneficial.
Who we are looking for
- Preferably a number of years’ experience working in a marketing role in the professional services or financial services sectors.
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm and is willing to become involved in additional projects as and when required.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- An eye for detail, with excellent accuracy.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.