Investment Funds / Corporate Senior Associate
"The team are good and knowledgeable in this field" - Chambers & Partners
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Funds team, part of our Financial Institutions Group, in either our Bristol or London office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and growing team, known for having an entrepreneurial outlook and approach. The team work on high value and strategically important projects both nationally and internationally.
Our team has been helping managers to successfully structure, launch and manage funds for years and our experience covers the vast range of fund structures and strategies. That experience enables us to take managers through the life of an investment fund, from the structuring and establishment of management businesses, to developing effective structures for fund vehicles, while finding the best fit with underlying investment and trading strategies.
Our services range from developing optimal structures for management, joint venture, private wealth and fund vehicles and structuring options around carried-interest, co-investment and other participations, through (with our tax and regulatory colleagues) to tax planning and structuring, service-provider relationship negotiation and providing regulatory advice around management, capital-raising, trading and distribution. Naturally we deal also with a wide range of funds, including Private Equity, Real Estate, Venture Capital, Hedge, Infrastructure and Natural Resources. We also undertake significant amounts of corporate work focused on the investment management, family office and corporate real estate sectors.
By number of lawyers and partners, we have one of the largest specialist funds teams in the UK which includes leading partners in the industry with extensive funds experience. We act for UK-based and international funds on cross-border matters. We have a significant deal of experience advising US investors on funds related issues.
Recent work by the team includes:
- Venture capital: Acting for Notion, Passion Capital, PROfounders, firstminute, PiLabs, Round Hill Ventures and a variety of other VCs on the launch of their venture capital funds.
- Private equity: Acting as a key adviser to Foresight Group LLP in respect of many of its private equity and venture funds.
- Real estate: Acting for Niam, Fiera Capital, Bridges Fund Management, Newcore and Barwood Capital on their real estate fund launches.
- Hedge funds: launch of the RX Diversified Portfolio, an ETF arbitrage fund focused on HNW and family office clients; advice to prominent global hedge fund managers such as Caxton, Palmerston, East Lodge and BlueCrest; acting on the launch of various first time funds such as Marine, Feoh, Derby Investments, Juniper; advising various principals on management and partnership issues relating to their ownership stakes in hedge fund managers
- Acting for leading institutional houses such as PGIM, Nuveen and Deutsche Bank on a range of fund products.
- LP secondaries: Undertaking significant secondary trades for one of the leading PE Secondaries funds, Hollyport Capital.
- LP work: Representing various long-standing LP clients including BAE, Imperial and Aberdeen, and new clients such as the Pension Protection Fund and the Brunel Pension Partnership, on their LP investments.
- Corporate real estate: Providing corporate real estate advice for clients such as InfraRed, Warehouse REIT and Patrizia.
- Wealth Management: acting for various wealth managers on the formation of funds of one, co-invest vehicles, carry vehicles and advisory structures with related tax, corporate and regulatory advice.
Our Financial Institutions Group operates from our London and Bristol offices and comprises 7 Partners, 1 Legal Director, 3 Associate Directors, 5 Senior Associates, 9 Associates, 2 Trainee Solicitors and 1 Paralegal. Nikki Worden (Partner) leads the FIG team. We work closely with our colleagues in the tax, corporate and contentious FS teams.
Technical skills and experience
You will have knowledge and experience across a broad base of Funds matters, both domestic and international. We are, however, also happy to consider lawyers with backgrounds within Corporate matters but with an interest in Investment Management or the corporate aspects of Investment Management.
Due to the sophisticated nature of the work, the high level of client contact and the structure of the team, we are looking to appoint a Senior Associate lawyer, although we will consider candidates with more experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications. If you would like any further information about the role or the firm we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.