Pricing & Commercial Manager
Our Pricing and Commercial team provides oversight and strategic direction across the global business in order to enhance commercial returns. The remit of the team is split between influencing results at a client level, as well as driving self-started projects to leverage broader commercial opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a Pricing & Commercial Manager to join the team to to act as business partner and trusted advisor to relationship partners and other senior decision-makers with the principle objective of optimising profitability at a client level. The successful candidate will add further commercial value through analysis of internal and external financial levers and through sharing of pricing best practice across the wider network. To lead on key cross-department projects and act as interface between Finance and the Business.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of strategic clients from a commercial perspective; advise Partners on tactical pricing options including value-add options in addition to rates
- Lead financial elements of client pitches (panel / client) working alongside Partners and CRM
- Act as trusted advisor to Partners; influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders relying on knowledge from prior engagements as well as outside-world commercial insight
- Advise on pricing strategy to optimise the firm’s long-term profitability; recommend and implement projects to support this vision
- Identify areas for systems and operational improvement within the team; implement and measure
- Build and maintain pricing models drawing upon complex data sets reflecting our global structure
- Advocate to ensure pricing best practice is proactively communicated to finance colleagues around the network. Work closely to ensure take-up and consistency of approach whilst remaining aware of local variations in terms of practice and needs
- Big picture approach to projects working cross-function; able to consider the impact across the firm of new initiatives and inter-dependencies on concurrent projects
- Ability to understand wider business issues and ensure they are factored into departmental output
Competencies for success
- Outstanding analytical skills and knowledge of economic factors impacting professional services
- Ability to influence at the highest level as a credible, fast-thinking, collaborative and commercial individual
- Excellent communicator; able to explain complex issues to financial or non-financial stakeholders
- Apply a methodical and meticulous approach to solving difficult, sometimes ambiguous, problems
- Collaborative, hands-on approach to ensure success across a team based environment
- Adjusts style to individual circumstances and demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence
- Results driven; having a proactive, goal-orientated approach to decision making
- Strong time management; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems
Qualifications and work experience
- Significant experience as a pricing professional (B2B / Professional Services preferred)
- Qualified Accountant (preferred)
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.