We currently have an opportunity for an Integrations Engineer to join our IT team. In this Manager level role for Allen & Overy (A&O matter workflow systems and processes, you will use your engineering mind-set to understand, improve and optimise the lifecycle of legal documents processed by A&O’s systems. You will acquire detailed knowledge of the Intapp product suite used within A&O, including Open, Walls and Time along with the iManage Document Management System. You will understand the configuration and customisation in these systems. You will provide matter workflow consultancy services to the business and other key stakeholders, including Finance and HR, on how Matter workflow products can be used and integrated within A&O. You will also provide technical design for new initiatives involving the Matter workflow products, present designs to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and ensure the technical capability exists within A&O to support these business services. Although Intapp is an important component and will consume a sizeable proportion of this role’s effort, you will apply your critical thinking and engineering skills to ensure the best solutions are in place and systems are fit for purpose.
Successful candidates will have significant experience of software development or test engineering, with experience of .Net, experience of designing and implementing IT product solutions, demonstrable experience of working within an end-to-end project lifecycle and be able to display critical thinking skills.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide integrations engineering skills and experience around APIs and software development for integrating our matter workflow systems, involving custom code and also third party systems
- Understand the solution architecture options and roadmap for the Intapp and iManage product suite on relevant business and IT projects.
- As the SME for matter workflow, fully understand current usage of the Intapp and iManage product suite within A&O.
- Work with the Business, Finance and other stakeholders to understand current and future requirements, and provide solution consultancy services on how Intapp and iManage solutions could be integrated into wider business processes and applications.
- Act as the technical relationship manager with Intapp, working with them to understand current capabilities, product roadmaps, and help influence future direction and functionality.
- Ensure IT Service Management are equipped to provide on-going support of the Intapp Product suite through:
- Designing solutions that meet the performance, availability and supportability requirements.
- Directing relevant technical resource through product implementation and configuration.
- The provisioning of training and knowledge
- Acting as a senior technical escalation point.
- Work alongside IT Business Relationship Managers to collate and analyse Partner feedback relating to the Matter workflow
- Work alongside the Integrations Product Team determine metrics and improvements to optimise the matter workflow, and define user stories for the team’s backlog
Keys Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of software development or test engineering, with experience of .Net
- Experience of designing and implementing IT product solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to understand the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations
- Knowledge of information principles and processes
- Ability to work on under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, documentation skills and team player
- Self-starter and proactive learner
- Engineering mind-set with attention to detail
- Understanding of the Intapp suite
- Knowledge of iManage data/information architecture and configuration
- Knowledge of the matter lifecycle within a legal service firm.
- Degree qualified – preferred
- Prince2 Certified Practitioner
- Agile – SCRUM
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.