Planning Associate / Senior Associate
"an excellent, client-focused team with broad and deep experience and a range of lawyers of different styles." – Chambers & Partners
We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious solicitors at Associate or Senior Associate level to join our highly regarded National Planning team. Team members currently work cross office between London and Bristol and we're therefore happy to consider candidates wishing to be based in either office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected team with a wide variety of interesting work and clients and a real opportunity to grow and develop your own practice.
Our planning practice is truly comprehensive in scope and features leading work on a national scale.
We advise on nationally important infrastructure projects, such as energy generation and strategic transport, regeneration and iconic development projects, mixed use and residential development, commercial and logistics projects and major retail developments, and also provide guidance on environmental compliance and procedure.
Our work ranges from initial advice, site appraisals and project management, through to negotiating complex development and infrastructure agreements, and undertaking planning inquiry and High Court work. This role will also focus on areas such as compulsory purchase agreements and development consent orders, as well as more traditional residential development matters.
We advise clients across a number of sectors who are leaders in their fields, including RWE Npower, Western Power Distribution, Associated British Ports, Bristol Airport, Suez, Unite Students, Marks and Spencer, St Modwen Developments, Fiera Real Estate, Welbeck Strategic Land, GLP, Ptarmigan Strategic Land, Countryside Homes, Barratt and David Wilson Homes, Vistry Homes, Taylor Wimpey, Sovereign Housing, Keepmoat Homes, and Bloor Homes.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
The team is led by partners Neil Bromwich & John Baird and is based across our Bristol & London offices. It is made up of a of associate directors, senior associates, associates and two trainee solicitors.
- We have advised Ptarmigan and Countryside during the local plan process for the delivery of Chelmsford Garden Village.
- We are advising Taylor Wimpey in a joint venture with the London Borough of Waltham Forest on the redevelopment of The Score Centre, Leyton.
- We are advising the joint venture between Henry Boot Developments Limited and Enfield Borough Council to deliver a major regeneration project across the 27-acre Montagu Industrial Estate in Enfield, North London.
- We continue to act for GLP on several state-of-the-art logistics facilities such as Magna Park Lutterworth, G-Park Ashby and Willen House, Milton Keynes.
- We continue to advise Welbeck Strategic Land on their proposals for 2,200 homes to be built in a major new urban extension in South Worcester.
- We are advising Enso Energy on the development of a nationally significant solar project.
- We advise M&S on planning aspects of its retail estate portfolio.
- We are advising Countryside Properties as the partner of Chichester District Council in the development of a significant strategic land site for 1,500 new homes at Tangmere, near Chichester.
- We have advised St Modwen Development Limited in connection with the complex planning aspects of a strategic 1 million sq ft warehouse development located adjacent to Junction 17 of the M4.
- We advise Western Power Distribution on its development projects which include matters relating to the development of HS2 and Hinkley Grid Connection.
Technical skills and experience
You will have gained experience of a wide range of Planning matters at a well-respected practice. You will be highly motivated and interested in getting involved in a broad range of work. Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking to an Associate or Senior Associate lawyer, although we will consider candidates with more or less experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.