Senior Finance Systems Analyst
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
The Finance department is responsible for ensuring proper systems are in place for time recording, billing, client accounting, purchase ledger, payroll and cash management together with the necessary reports to support both the department and wider business with accurate and reliable information.
This new role will be responsible for supporting users and developing the Finance department systems, primarily the 3E Practice Management system. Working with and deputising for the Finance Systems Manager, the role will take the lead in specifying, testing and supporting the deployment of system developments and upgrades of Finance systems with support from the current Finance Systems Analysts.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting Finance users with all aspects of 3E Finance processes including identifying areas for process and system improvements.
- Specifying, testing and supporting the deployment of new processes and system developments.
- Managing data structures within 3E to ensure data integrity and consistency, including assisting with system balancing and reconciliation issues.
- Assisting the Finance Systems Analysts and wider Finance department improve their working knowledge of 3E by means of coaching and process documentation.
- Working with users from fee earner and support departments to resolve issues and escalate to supplier help desks when required.
- Assist with the maintenance of system integrations of Finance systems.
- Provide documentation and support to users in relation to processes within the Finance systems.
The role will also provide support to the Finance Systems Manager and other users in the delivery of ad hoc requests and project work on systems developments, enhancements and upgrades both within Finance and to support the wider business
What you'll need
- Advanced knowledge of the 3E practice management system.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Confident working with and analysing data.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong team player able to work independently on specific tasks.
- A methodical and logical approach, adjusting priorities to meet changing work demands.
- Ability to understand user requirements and use initiative with a positive and proactive attitude in proposing solutions.
- Professional approach to successfully interact with colleagues and external suppliers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
Experience and skills
The successful candidate must have experience working in a legal services environment using Thomson Reuters Elite 3E practice management system to an advanced level.
The candidate must also have experience of:
- Core Financial processes and accounting requirements within a law firm environment, including a working knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Using SQL to interrogate databases.
- Advanced use of Excel, preferably including VBA skills.
Additionally, some experience using the following systems would be desirable:
- 3E Workspace
- Chrome River
- Elite Data Insights and Power BI
- E-Billing Hub
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.