Human Resources Business Partner
About the role and team
The ACS HR Business Partner will strategically partner with their designated areas of the firm, managing a complex HR caseload. To work alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach, ensuring the people element of the business is at the forefront of strategizing, decision making and planning at local level. Specific responsibilities will include matters regarding performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and recruitment. As an integral member of the HR team, the post holder will also support the development of HR policies, procedures and systems, and lead and participate in projects, representing the department both internally and externally. They will report to the HR Lead and work closely with a HR Coordinator.
- Strategically partner with designated areas of the firm, ensuring the people element of the business is at the forefront of strategising, decision making and planning at local level;
- To manage a complex HR caseload, and to whom the HR Lead can delegate HR project implementation;
- To build and possess a keen understanding of their designated business areas in both the internal and external environment, creating an understanding of their demands and challenges and bringing HR expertise to support in these;
- To work closely with the HR Coordinator to support and offer clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of employees and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development, talent management and exit.
- To promote and encourage a positive employee experience, culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with employees and managers – proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring employees are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- To contribute to the development of the HR team and the wider firm by sharing people management skills and knowledge, and encouraging and supporting others.
- Coaching and working with line managers to ensure they possess the skills and knowledge to be excellent line managers.
- Work with the HR Lead on people initiatives to ensure the firm reaches its strategic goals.
- To understand and work with designated business areas to ensure succession and manpower planning is effectively undertaken.
- To ensure solid resourcing business cases are created, appropriately challenged and presented to the senior management team;
- To work with their designated areas of the business in the development of resourcing and talent pipeline initiatives and to outwork them through performance management processes and other people processes, liaising with the Recruitment Business Partner with regards to external and internal recruitment activities,
- To be the HR representative on other projects emanating elsewhere in the firm.
About the candidate
- Genuine passion for working as a member of a HR team, with the desire to continue to learn and develop professionally
- Flexible, with a ‘can do’ and proactive approach
- Strong coordination and organisational skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Helpful and positive nature with the ability to stay calm and diplomatic under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-orientated and able to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Resilient and determined to support HR processes and achieve work-related objectives
- Maturity of character, being fully committed to mutually beneficial two-way relationships and displaying an ‘ownership, resilience and responsibility’ mentality
- Professional outlook in all matters of conduct and communications
- Willing to show occasional flexibility in order to attend interviews or represent the firm outside of working hours with reasonable notice.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of operational HR work, with experience of giving clear HR advice and support to line managers.
- Consistently demonstrating an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Good negotiating skills
- Good drafting skills for the drafting of recruitment adverts and other HR related documents
- A well-developed understanding of issues in relation to equality and diversity.
- Good IT skills including the ability to confidently use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in using HR systems and databases
- Qualified to CIPD 7 or equivalent is desirable
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.