Business Development Executive
About the role and team
This role is suitable for a Business Development Executive who is looking for a role with variety and who would relish making a strategic impact and help shape the firm’s growth.
The successful applicant will work across all of ACS’s sectors, becoming involved in team initiatives and dealing directly with partners.
Key duties of the role include:
- Key account planning: supporting the BDM and Head of Marketing and BD in business development tasks for key accounts within our sectors and attending meetings with Partners and fee earners as necessary to drive programmes forward.
- To collate and send out follow up documents internally and externally.
- Analysing financials and reporting on successes and client trends with fee earners.
- Working with and supporting the Business Development Manager and Head of Marketing and BD with tracking and reporting on relevant practice group/ sector budgets for the relevant Partners.
- Working with and supporting BDM and Head of Marketing and BD with strategic sector activities including legal updates, newsletters, blogs client events, external conferences and internal and external activity to support growth.
- Supporting in the development of sales credentials and proposals to drive forward services offered by the firm.
- Maintaining up to date data, credentials and expertise for sales collateral production and wider access to the business
- Working with colleagues to ensure client and contact details are up to date on the firm’s mailing system.
- Working with Partners to get buy-in on new processes and material to develop client relationships – fee proposal documents.
- Collaborate with the Bids team on formal tenders and panel reviews.
- Providing support with legal directories across all sectors.
- Project management – working on ad hoc firmwide projects as they arise.
About the candidate
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of three years' experience of a similar BD role within a professional services organisation, preferably legal.
- Able to work with fee earners to provide guidance on the best use of their time to give the most effective returns.
- A developed understanding of targeting and lead generation with a proven ability to drive and develop a pipeline of opportunities.
- Strong influencing skills, being assertive when required.
- Ability to develop and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Confident communicator with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive, can-do attitude, showing resilience.
- Educated to degree level or with another relevant qualification e.g. CAM or CIM.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.