Business Development Executive (12 month FTC)
Our Marketing & Sales team have an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Executive to join them on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract covering maternity leave.
This role will focus specifically on our Real Estate and Infrastructure (REI) sector and the Retail & Consumer Brands (R&C) sector.
This is a full time position that ordinarily can be based out of any of our UK offices (Bristol, Reading or London), but due to current government guidelines will be fully remote working.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 25 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager (REI and R&C), you will co-ordinate and support all internal and external business development activities for the REI and R&C sectors.
The Real Estate and Infrastructure (REI) sector is one of the largest and most successful in the UK and is responsible for delivering 25% of the firm's UK income. The team works across the traditional requirements of the sector but also has market leading expertise in the most exciting and cutting edge changes that are transforming this interesting market. This makes the role challenging and interesting.
The Retail & Consumer (R&C) sector is one of the fastest growing sectors internationally and has a passionate, ambitious and future-focussed team working across a wide range of legal service lines.
This role brings a wide variety of interesting work and significant responsibilities. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery of the sector BD plans by carrying out agreed sales and marketing activities and providing support for budget management, internal communication and reporting requirements.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Project management of sector pitches – working closely with the firm's specialist pitch team and the relevant fee-earners to collate our responses following best practice process, report outcomes/feedback, manage sector templates and continuously improve processes
- Supporting the sectors' opportunity pipeline management process by assisting opportunity 'owners' to convert their opportunities into wins and reporting outcomes to the wider sector teams
- Working closely with the Events team to own the sectors' events, ensuring they are well targeted, delivered successfully and within budget. This will also include delivering on follow-up activities and evaluating ROI
- Utilise training sessions, tailored content and events to support the BD Manager and Campaigns team with the roll out of the firm's thought leadership material across sector teams
- Create and internally publish the sector's key reports and provide sector content for reports required by other parts of the business
- Keep the sector's key tracking reports up to date and report on the sector's key deals
- Work closely with relevant fee-earners as well as the Brand and Digital teams to produce sector specific content for use in external communications such as brochures, email campaigns and video content
- Support the sector CRM programme for key/development clients, including provision of reports as required
What we're looking for:
Alongside excellent project management and communication skills, we are looking for someone who has extensive sales and marketing experience, ideally coming from a legal or professional services environment. Sector specific experience is useful, but not essential. The ideal candidate will be looking for a role that is a mixture of sales and marketing challenges.
More specifically, we require:
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects to completion and evaluating their effectiveness
- Someone who is confident in briefing partners and lawyers on sales and marketing initiatives, who captures clear information for implementation
- Proactive in agreeing priorities and identify the appropriate level of importance/urgency for projects
- Exceptionally organised, with a good eye for detail, highly literate and numerate
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills – will build strong rapport with the sales and marketing and legal teams
- Confident to self-assess projects and issues without micro management and to suggest alternative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- CIM qualifications are desirable
- Excellent IT skills with experience of InterAction or a similar CRM database
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe at email@example.com
No agencies please
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
Please note that although we include closing dates for our roles as a guide, we review and progress applications on a rolling basis.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.