Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - – IT Operations
Role: Network Engineer - 12 month FTC
Location: Glasgow or London
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours of work -
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Department/ Role Overview:
The Network Engineer role covers the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's network infrastructure as well as providing implementation support for any new systems or technologies which Ashurst may adopt.
- Responsible for responding too, troubleshooting & resolving with Network issues raised via our Ticket system.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the BAU network globally.
- Top level support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies and to collaborate and assist in all top level support.
- Key player in ensuring Ashurst's network meets required security standards and controls.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause analysis on any support issues.
- Experience collaborating with different teams based in different locations.
- Good writing skills and experience of producing support documentation and technical implementation plans.
- Experience working in secure and restrictive enterprise environments.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
In Depth Knowledge of:
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the design and implementation of multi-site LANS and WANs
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco switching, Cisco Nexus 3k & 9k.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP\EIGRP\OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies with experience of global Aruba deployments
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth experience with a leading Firewall technology Palo alto\Fortinet.
- Strong understanding of network security to implement Layer7 technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Riverbed/Steelhead WAN accelerators
- Experience of MPLS network and VPN networks
- Previous experience of implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment
- Ability to liaise with 3rd parties for troubleshooting and fault resolution
- In-depth knowledge of Solarwinds NPM & NTA, Cisco Prime,
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM and BIG-IP client.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience with Azure ExpressRoute and cloud connectivity.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, Micro-Segmentation and Software Defined Networking.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment