Legal Support Assistant
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area – Ashurst Advance
Role: Legal Support Assistant
Reporting to: Supervisor - Legal Support Assistants
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.30, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
The role of the Legal Support Assistant is to provide proactive and professional administrative support to the members of the Ashurst Advance legal analyst, legal technologist and legal project management teams as well as, from time to time, other practice areas within the firm.
The core function of the Legal Support Assistant role is to be part of a team managing a large scale ongoing project. This involves high volume administration including managing and maintaining spreadsheets, tracking emails, producing daily internal reports for lawyers, partners and other stakeholders, updating work trackers, meeting deadlines, completing the matter opening process and liaising with fee earners and internal support functions from across the Ashurst global network.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Bibling tasks
- Small redaction exercises
- Running document comparisons
- Data verification
- Proof reading
- Hard and soft copy document management (execution of documents, setting up and managing data rooms)
- Inbox and diary management
- Providing support to the wider Ashurst Advance teams
- Assisting with Pro Bono projects
Tasks undertaken by the Legal Support Assistant will grow and develop as the Ashurst Advance teams expand.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to Higher Grade or equivalent
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness are essential
- Good written and oral communication
- Confident and professional manner
- Committed, hardworking and responsible
- Ability to manage own workload
- Well-developed IT skills - being competent in the use of Word and Excel, and familiarity with Outlook would be advantageous.
Desired skills and experience
- HNC or HND in business or legal services is desirable but not essential
Please note that closing dates for all applications will be 19 February. Successful candidates will be invited to attend a short assessment centre and competency based interview. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to offer feedback to any candidates who are unsuccessful at the initial application stage.