External Communications Executive
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Brand, Marketing & Communications
Role: External Communications Executive
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 9.30am-5.30pm. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations.
We have an opportunity for an External Communications professional to join our global Brand, Marketing & Communications team based in London.
This role is responsible for supporting our external communications and content function globally, ensuring our communications and content strategies build on and positively position the Ashurst brand.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic oversight of our content across external channels, including ashurst.com, to ensure consistency of voice, and alignment with our Ashurst brand.
- Making editorial decisions about content to be surfaced on our website home page, and keeping track of content generally to ensure it is dynamic and constantly refreshed.
- Assessing content assets to determine what can be repurposed online.
- Creating, editing and reviewing content to ensure it is impactful and engaging as either stand-alone pieces or as part of our integrated marketing campaigns.
- Playing a key role in our thought leadership and content strategies, including drafting or coordinating content in readiness for market launch.
- Proactively identifying items of interest and impact for external communications.
- Providing expert advice and guidance on external communications planning.
- Coordinating video production, which includes preparing and reviewing scripts and briefs, and liaising with production agencies to manage the production process.
- Managing content schedules and our content strategy generally, and in relation to our newly created podcast channels.
Your role will involve:
- Having a thorough understanding of Ashurst's 2023 Strategy, Values and Brand and how the team supports the firm's success.
- Developing external communication strategies and plans for Ashurst's external audiences, to meet specified communication objectives.
- Developing narratives that support the firm's strategy, culture and goals.
- Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in the brand, marketing, communications & BD teams to ensure a consistent, considered approach globally.
- Ensuring a high standard of creative production and strategically-aligned outcomes across project deliverables.
- Building relationships with key Ashurst partners and other influencers
- Maintaining content calendars to forward plan and proactively manage a flow of engaging content.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in marketing or communications.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in other, similar roles in either professional, financial services, consulting or agency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience working with all levels of seniority.
- Comfortable working with teams in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Experience driving and implementing external communications strategies for measurable results.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through with projects.