Head of HR Information Solutions
The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of HR information solutions for the international firm, ensuring the provision of 'fit for purpose' solutions, tools and technologies. You will collaborate with colleagues in IT, HR and Business Services to build the HR systems roadmap to meet the current and future needs of the business, ensuring the provision of quality reporting and analytics to support organisation and people planning.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the HR functional activities required to successfully deliver, manage and develop HR systems for the international firm covering all aspects of HR, including core functionality, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, performance management etc.
- Develop and own the HR systems roadmap, securing business buy-in and partnering with IT and other key stakeholders to ensure the HR systems strategy is aligned to business needs
- Provide HR leadership to implement new systems, working in partnership with colleagues in IT, HR and Business Services to ensure technology is implemented to time, quality and cost requirements
- Ensure the ongoing provision of fit for purpose functional HR systems support which meets the requirements of the business and is developed to maximise the effective use of existing HR technologies
- Put in place and manage a support capability to resolve HR systems problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements and conduct HR functional system administration
- Lead the development of enabling technologies for HR service delivery, partnering with IT and Business Services as appropriate, including ticketing, case management, telephony, chat and Tier 0 capabilities
- Plan and manage the ongoing configuration of HR systems tables and workflows to ensure accurate data capture that promotes effective transaction processing, robust compliance and comprehensive reporting
- Put in place an effective change control process to manage the ongoing development of HR systems in response to business needs
- Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR system processes
- Support the development of process maps, user friendly procedures, guidelines and documentation, in partnership with HR process owners, Shared Services and the Service Development team
- Ensure the effective training of HR staff and business users on technology enabled new processes and functionality
- Collaborate with IT to coordinate the application of upgrades or fixes. Lead the review, testing and implementation of HR system upgrades or patches
- Collaborate with other users of HR systems and data (Payroll, Finance, Risk etc.) to ensure ongoing integrity of the HR systems, effective integration with other systems and applications as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in respect of HR data, taking the lead on data protection for the HR function
- Advise senior management on organisational policy matters related to HR systems
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations related to HR systems, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing best practice into the organisation
- Experienced HR systems expert, with hands on knowledge of major HR technologies, ideally including Success Factors, ServiceNow and other cloud based solutions
- Ability to engage deeply with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert, with the skills to translate technical language back to HR colleagues
- Experience of leading HR systems business case development, project management and implementation
- Experience of business process design and process mapping
- Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities
- Highly skilled in the development and use of metrics for business decision making, with excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to think strategically about HR system solutions, enterprise architecture and future developments, coupled with strong operational delivery experience
- Strong leadership, team working, problem solving, facilitation and decision making skills
- Understanding of HR service delivery, HR process improvement and HR transformation
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with diverse teams; both culturally and geographically
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation. Able to listen, adapt, influence, negotiate and persuade others
- Strong business acumen and willingness to take the initiative, to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things
- Good relationship management skills, both within and outside the firm, acting as an effective brand ambassador for DLA Piper, and an internal change agent
- A sound understanding of contemporary HR practices and HR best practice. Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy. Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations
- Deep knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio
- Ideally Agile, Lean six sigma, Prince 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.