Finance Reporting Lead (interim)
We redefine the possible.
Our success, your opportunity.
At DLA Piper, innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do. Together, we create exceptional experiences, outcomes and growth for our clients and people.
We make this happen with a culture where you bring your passion and individuality to work every day. We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
We on our transitional journey and while embracing change we are looking for a Financial Reporting Lead, who will help up set new standards and processes in modern reporting and embed them into our everyday functions.
The purpose of the role will be providing leadership, strategic advice and experience to an emerging centre of excellence for finance reporting (internal and external) during the implementation of our new finance and HR systems.
The successful candidate will excel at direct line management and development of senior reporting team members. The role will help us create strong constructive working relationships with key stakeholders within the business and other services areas, particularly marketing.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the development and delivery of the finance reporting strategy within the DLA Piper environment during the next 18 months
- Ensuring the strategy is aligned with the new finance and HR systems
- Direct line responsibility for Business Intelligence Technology Manager, Strategic Reporting Solution Manager, MI Manager and development of the leadership potential within the team
- Building the team needed for a centre of finance reporting excellence, likely to be located in the main finance centre in Sheffield, with some travel in the UK and our shared service centre in Warsaw
- Working with key stakeholders in the business to exploit the opportunity to improve client service via client reporting providing appropriate methods at the right cost (standardised for the majority of client with bespoke solutions where necessary)
- Aligning the internal reporting needs of the business to standardise and providing ‘one version of the truth’ for financial information, and maintaining a consistent technology road map that capitalises on the investment in our enterprise platforms
- Developing robust feedback mechanisms with stakeholder groups to evaluate the quality of finance reporting services (and identify areas for improvement)
- Demonstrate a passion for creating the best in class reporting processes and products
- Experienced in creating and implementing reporting strategies and leading a team to excel
- Strong people development skills to educate and develop our existing talent for the future
- Able to build trust and rapport to create effective international and cross functional relationships
- An understanding of the challenges of a new system implementation and the change management involved
- Experience in SAP reporting technologies preferred
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.