EPIC Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for the end to end management of one or more projects within a HR programme. The objectives, deliverables and scale of the project will vary by individual project.
The jobholder will work within an agreed delivery framework and have accountability for all aspects of the project including managing the costs, timescales, scope, resources, quality and benefits. The jobholder will manage one or more projects concurrently and be able to lead them from initiation through to closure.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager is accountable for delivering end to end projects in-line with the agreed scope, time-lines, quality and budget. In addition, the Project Manager:
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects, directing and counselling project team members, and advising clients/users as necessary on all phases
- Adheres to the organisation's delivery framework and corporate governance
- Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference
- Ensures that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and sub-projects. Maintains effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate
- Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
- Establishes the appropriate governance to ensure that robust decision making is taking place - i.e. the correct people are making decisions at the correct times
- Works within the delivery framework ensuring that all required documentation is produced, control gates are passed and all necessary approvals are in place
- Defines objectives, solutions, benefits and identify the resources and budget requirements to be able to develop a structured business case. Ensure that this remains valid throughout the life of the project. Make sure that the full impact of the solution on the business has been identified and is being mitigated
- Ensures that project controls are in place to manage the project scope, budget, timescales, resources, risks / issues and quality. Manage interdependencies, resource constraints and mitigation of risks and issues
- Implements an appropriate stakeholder management and communications plan to ensure that progress, decisions and risks are transparent
- Ensures all project reporting is completed in a timely manner and at a consistent standard to ensure all key stakeholders are kept informed of programme progress, risks and issues
The job holder is expected to be comfortable managing all types of projects relevant to HR including changes to technology, processes, operating model or data and reporting. This is a business facing role and, as such, strong stakeholder management and leadership skills are of critical importance. Specific, skills, experience and characteristics include:
- Experience of managing complex projects in a structured way. Proven planning and organisational skills
- Understands and can demonstrate application of key project management governance, controls, responsibilities, methods, lifecycles, tools and techniques, to plan and deliver operational execution
- Able to deploy best practice project management and business change theory as appropriate
- Driven to succeed. Self-motivated, adaptable and able to work on own and as part of a team. A strong leader who is good at managing people
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities. Able to handle conflict and knows when to escalate
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and competing priorities while operating in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Able to identify, interpret and resolve common issues with minimal supervision
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly
- Able to develop and implement detailed plans
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Able to influence how an activity or a process gets done by exchanging information and working through others
A project management accreditation is desirable but not essential.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.