EPIC Data Migration Specialist
The jobholder is accountable for identifying data requirements for the new HR system and ensuring that accurate data is loaded into the solution for go-live. This entails working closely with business teams in drawing up a data migration plan of action, including:
- Identifying the data that will be required for the new solution and how this can be extracted from the legacy system
- Cleansing and validating system from the legacy system
- Creating data where this does not exist in the legacy system
- Completing all phases of data loads (test, mock conversion and cutover)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership of the design, development and testing of data transformation from legacy systems such as PeopleSoft and Taleo into a new solution
- Detailing the end-to-end data migration plan of action in collaboration with business teams
- In partnership with the People Data Lead, consult with business teams on requirements
- Document transformation processes and business requirements
- Report on progress during the course of the transformation project using a status dashboard
- Work with the business teams to cleanse and validate data prior to the loading to the new system to ensure that the data meet the technical requirements, and are compliant with business rules
- Load data into the new system and validate this
- Perform data reconciliation and report data loading results as part of data audits
- Provide assistance in correcting any erroneous data
- Document the status of uploaded data
- Document errors, issues and resolutions during the data loading in the standard issue log
Data Migration Experience
- Experience of completing data migration activities within a complex project/programme
- Experience of managing HR-related data migrations for SAP HCM Successfactors
- Experience of preparing, creating and loading data
- Deep understanding of SAP HCM Successfactors configuration, master, reference and transactional data
- Experience in consulting with business stakeholders on data requirements and functional processes
- Strong experience with MS Excel and relevant data migration tools, specifically LSMW or similar legacy system data migration tools
Individual tasks & Projects deadlines are delivered on time
- Effectively plan to complete assigned tasks within program timelines. Immediately escalate any risks or issues that will inhibit the success of the overall project. To assist other team members where required to achieve the overall goal. Ability to deliver high quality outputs on time
Accuracy of produced work
- Ensure that any data that loaded is accurate with appropriate level of vetting prior to it being loaded
Ability to collaborate with business colleagues
- Strong communication and client facing skills, with the ability to build and develop relationships
- Building Relationships and directing business teams to prepare data
- An understanding of business processes and how data supports these
- Knowledge of HR processes and associated data
- Good grasp of GDPR regulation
- Knowledge of DLA Piper's legacy HR systems would be an advantage
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.