Electronic Data Project Manager
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electronic Data Project Manager (EDPM) serves a key role within the Electronic Data Management (EDM) function of the DLA Piper International Litigation & Regulatory Group. The EDPM is the primary point of accountability for all processes dealing with client electronic data on assigned matters, in collaboration with matter team stakeholders and peer internal functions. The EDPM provides high-value service delivery to internal clients in Litigation & Regulatory and other groups, and to external clients as directed.
Key areas of responsibility:
Whilst this list is not exhaustive, we anticipate that some of the key areas of focus and responsibility will require the successful applicant to:
- Project manage every stage of the e-data lifecycle across multiple matters, in partnership with DLA Piper lawyers, clients, and panel providers
- Understand and be responsive to the urgency of requests at all times, and manage expectations for updates and deliverables accordingly
- Cultivate internal client relationships with Litigation & Regulatory lawyers, and prioritise their needs first
- Understand the full context of a matter, and leverage that understanding to offer proactive guidance
- Holds providers accountable by quality-reviewing work product and managing to service levels
- Manage risk throughout engagement by evaluating quality control measures and documentation throughout each project, strategizing to pre-empt and correct mistakes, communicating challenges, and escalating issues internally and externally where appropriate
- Provide stakeholders with status updates and reports for all project milestones and deliverables
- Seek regular feedback from internal clients to continually improve service
- Mentor, lead, and delegate project tasks to junior colleagues to enable on-time deliverables
- Provide proactive guidance regarding format, strategy, and timelines for production of electronic data
- Prepare and deliver review software training on each matter, tailored to the review protocol
- Leverage analytics and AI tools wherever possible to increase efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with EDM peers and other parts of the business to facilitate service delivery, including the Legal Delivery Centre, Legal Project Management, Knowledge, and the Change Council, amongst others
- Maintain utilisation and recovery targets, thereby contributing directly to the Group's revenue
- Enter and release all time on a daily basis, following time entry standards
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross sell services or drive efficiencies
This role is designed to deliver e-disclosure and e-data capability for a range of service needs across the international firm. Whilst we do not indicate a specific level of experience required for any of our vacancies, we are ideally seeking an individual with significant skill, experience and characteristics as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, accounting, finance, business administration, economics, mathematics or law
- Experience overseeing data collections and electronic discovery
- Experience developed at a large international law firm, e-data service provider, consultancy, or similar
- Very strong and proven project management experience
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated success in bringing teams together in collaboration
- Ability to interact confidently with lawyers, partners and external providers
- Advanced stakeholder management skills, and the capacity to flex working and communication style dependent on situational variables, such as jurisdiction, discipline or function
- Persuasive, with the ability to challenge stakeholders where appropriate, using data driven insights to inform approach and convince others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks around intense deadlines for clients, with a proven track record of delivery
- Experience with a range of legal e-data platforms, including (but not limited to) Relativity and Nuix
- Project management, e-data, or platform certifications (e.g., Relativity Certified Administrator) would be advantageous
- Proficiency in SQL or programming languages is desirable
- Experience with analytics and AI (especially continuous active learning) also beneficial
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.