Credit Control Team Leader
Our commitment, your career.
No two careers - or two people - are the same at DLA Piper. You can be yourself in a diverse team where every voice is heard and your success is recognised. So find out more about being valued for who you are as well as what you do, in a global law firm that commits to you and your career.
DLA Piper, an international leading law firm, transitioning and stepping away from the traditional corporate visions, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives, while maintaining a “best in class” service and support both externally and internally, is looking forward to collaborate with an experienced Credit Control Team Leader to join our office in Manchester and manage a smaller team of Credit Controllers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Credit Control Team Leader you will be supporting us in managing the Firm’s overall debt, you’ll enjoy a great deal of interaction with other areas of the business as well as external clients. Working with the Credit Control Manager and Key Personnel driving collections on the UK ledger ensuring Partner KPI’s are achieved and pro-actively reducing aged debt whilst continuing a positive relationship with both our internal and external clients. Specifically, you’ll be working within our Firm’s International Credit Policy to ensure cash collection targets are achieved and ensuring Partners compliance to the policy.
- Monitoring team workflow - Ensure collection target and objective set by UKCM are achieved by the team in line with department timescales by monitoring weekly workload and understanding external influences that impact the team’s ability to achieve objectives
- Ensure team are driving collections in line with the Firm's Credit Policy to ensure UK collection target is achieved and bad debt is reduced
- Monitoring team compliance and ensuring quality is maintained across the team by way of weekly/fortnightly reports
- Monitor the Group Inbox and ensuring team are working e-mails within agreed SLAs.
- Providing support and guidance to team by way of regular 1-2-1 meetings and ledger reviews
- Provide training and on-going development to team including providing support to new starters in line with department induction
- Support the Firm's personal development initiatives and any departmental projects
- Management of collections for some of the Firm’s Key International Clients
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times
- Provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- Liaise and assist Partners in all aspects of credit control to ensure Firm and personal KPI's are achieved by way of telephone and face to face meetings when required
- Assist with Credit Checking new clients
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the business to highlight areas of concern and focus
- Assist Management with Ad Hoc tasks and/or team projects as and when requested
- A minimum of 5 years current Credit Control experience in a legal or professional service environment
- A proven track record of working towards and achieving monthly cash targets
- Experience in dealing with and reducing aged debt (6 months+)
- ICM, CIMA or AAT qualification (Desirable) or Currently studying towards obtaining further qualifications to enhance career development
- Able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Capable of effective self-management
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Strong communication and negotiating skills demonstrating an ability to communicate key information accurately and concisely at all levels
- Experience in holding and attending internal and external meetings and being confident to drive lead and drive an agenda
- Demonstrates the ability to work autonomously whilst working inline with policy and still achieving departmental goals
- Ability to identify areas of process improvement and suggest potential solutions
- Proficient in using all Microsoft programmes in particular Excel to assist with reporting requirements
- Knowledge of ARCS 2G would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience of providing support and training for team members would be an advantage
- Demonstrates a versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.