Client Knowledge Lawyer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Client Knowledge Lawyer / Lawyer to join our central Knowledge team.
Reporting directly to our Head of Knowledge you will play a key role in creating opportunities for client engagement through commissioning, publishing and communicating products which showcase our market-focused legal, sectoral and Transformational expertise; using those products to emphasise the international nature of our business; and helping to enhance our reputation for client-centred applied technical excellence.
This is a permanent, full-time role and we are open to considering applicants wishing to be based in any of our UK offices (Bristol, Thames Valley or London).
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Use Client Knowledge products to support Osborne Clarke's approach to market through the three dimensions we use to drive business development: technical legal expertise, sectoral awareness, and the 'Transformations' (Decarbonisation, Urban Dynamics, and Digitalisation).
- Maintain continuing awareness of those legal developments most relevant to that three dimensional approach and generally to Osborne Clarke, its clients and approach to market, including general horizon scanning.
- Use that awareness to liaise with relevant stakeholders, including those mentioned in this job description, to identify, design and efficiently deliver Client Knowledge products on a daily basis.
- Commission, work with or coordinate client-facing lawyers, Knowledge Lawyers, our Communications team and others to produce and deliver Client Knowledge products.
- Line management of our Client Knowledge Editor.
And daily tasks will include:
- Commission, review and edit Client Knowledge publications, including 'Insights' and clients newsletters.
- Coordinate the production of our Regulatory Outlook and other major products.
- Engage and direct stakeholders (client-facing lawyers, Knowledge Lawyers and members of the Sales & Marketing team) to enable the production of Client Knowledge publications and other products.
- Work with international colleagues across Osborne Clarke to produce and promote cross-border Client Knowledge products.
- Working with the Marketing Managers, support our client seminar / webinars programme and flagship events such as 'In-house Lawyer Day'.
- Maintain database of client training delivered across Osborne Clarke and drive "menu-isation" of training we can deliver to clients and to promote efficiencies in re-use and costing of materials.
Communication and guidance
- Promote our Client Knowledge resources and guidance across the Firm.
- Develop best practice guidance on using Client Knowledge products to engage with clients and contacts and promote this best practice to teams across the business.
- With other team members, analyse web and mailing data to identify both how Client Knowledge products and their distribution can be improved, and also client opportunities.
CRM and bids
- Work with the Business Development and InterAction teams on improved targeting and delivery of Client Knowledge products to clients and contacts.
- Work with Business Development Managers on Client Knowledge offerings in pitches and RFPs.
With the Head of Knowledge:
- Drive the internationalisation of our Client Knowledge products.
- Develop other Client Knowledge products and services appropriate to Osborne Clarke, its strategy and resources.
- Further innovation in our Client Knowledge activities.
The Client Knowledge Team sits within our Knowledge Team, which includes our Knowledge Lawyers and our Knowledge Systems Team. The Knowledge Team has around 30 members.
The Client Knowledge Team, together with the Head of Knowledge, also sits organisationally with the Sales & Marketing Team.
This role will work closely with the Knowledge Lawyers, the Sales & Marketing Team, and with client-facing lawyers across our UK and international business. As a result, the successful applicant will have contact with many parts of our business which have direct input into the client experience and will play an important role in shaping aspects of that experience.
Technical skills and experience
We are seeking evidence of:
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of law and regulation in one of Osborne Clarke's practice areas, gained within a leading business law firm, in-house, or in a relevant regulatory body. Recent experience of client advisory or transactional work would be relevant but is not essential.
- Excellent academics from a university or recognised law faculty or equivalent.
- Exceptionally strong oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of web publishing would be useful but is not essential.
- Line management experience is desirable but not essential.
It is not essential that applicants have previous expereince within a Knowledge role – we are happy to consider candidates whose background is within fee-earning.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for communicating legal and market knowledge in a reader- or attendee-friendly way, and for presenting technical and sectoral issues in a clear, approachable and professional manner.
- A client-orientated approach at all times, both for external and internal clients; an ability to think laterally and to develop ideas in relation to business opportunities; an appreciation of client needs, and of the constraints on the time of clients both external and internal.
- Being a proven self-starter is essential, as is enthusiasm; pragmatism and excellent organisational, planning and problem-solving skills – this role involves the day-to-day delivery of technically accurate copy out to an expert audience, so persistence and a commitment to continual high quality are key attributes.
- The role requires working closely with stakeholders across the UK and international business and the successful applicant is likely to have good communication and team-working skills, and an appreciation of differing priorities in very busy teams.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke LLP we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click on the link below.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.