IT Servicedesk Engineer (12 month FTC)
Our IT department has an exciting opportunity for a Servicedesk Engineer to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The purpose of this role is to provide telephone, email and remote access support to users across multiple UK and international offices.
Your working pattern will be 35 hours per week, on a rota basis with the team covering Monday – Friday 7.00am – 7.00pm. Although usually based in the Bristol Office, at present due to the UK Government guidelines, working from home will be required but some office attendance is currently based upon a team-wide rota.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 25 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
The main purpose of this role is to manage the resolution of computer software and hardware problems and assist in the maintenance of our IT systems and processes. You'll do this through providing telephone, email and remote support to all of our internal users and occasionally providing client site support when required.
Main duties will include:
- Maintaining timely and quality incident closure, aiming for first-time fixes where possible and escalation to next level where required
- Liaising with users in a timely manner ensuring full and correct information is collected and entered into the incident record
- Always ensuring that IT solutions are relevant to the business need and developed to meet end user requirements
- Monitoring incidents to identify frequently arising issues and assist in the delivery of user coaching to resolve these
- Managing your own workload and incident queue whilst monitoring the main ServiceDesk queue for new incidents and requests, ensuring all calls are kept up to date
- Helping with the dissemination of skills and knowledge throughout the Technology Services team and actively collaborate with other members of the IT team to distribute workload effectively
- Creating and maintaining knowledge documentation for implemented resolutions
- Keeping up with advances in technology, new software and hardware in order to serve as an advisor in the business
- Ensuring all asset details are maintained in the asset database
- Understanding and demonstrating a full understanding of information security and data security policies, best practices, and implications
We are looking for someone who has a combination of strong and demonstrable customer service skills, as well as general technical experience.
Additionally you will be;
- A strong team player committed to assisting colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department
- Able to work autonomously and to schedule own resource appropriately
- A creative thinker skilled at solving problems for users
- Focussed on and able to work to or exceed agreed Service Levels
- Willing and able to be flexible in working practices
- Good at time keeping and be flexible around hours should the Business require you to do so
Technical support experience is required in the following areas:
- Technical support experience gained in a Microsoft environment with a high level of problem solving, including Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2016
- Skype for Business Telephony System, Document Management Systems, digital dictation and integrated products such as Kaspersky, Rightfax, Interaction, Ecopy and Mimecast
- Mobile device support including troubleshooting and administration of BYOD solutions and iPhones
- Experience of Remote Access/flexible working support
- Knowledge of printer/scanning technologies and support
- Essential to have experience using workflows and helpdesk business service tools, including incident / case management systems
- Knowledge of ITIL best practice would be favourable. ITIL certification preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a professional services environment or with legal applications would be desirable
To submit your application please click on the link provided or if you would like any further information about the role, please contact in complete confidence, Chloe Tidcombe at email@example.com
No agencies please
*Services in India are pro vided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive and be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.