Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
We are recruiting for an experienced PA to join support our Pensions team in Manchester. The successful candidate may be required to attend the office two or three days a week until restrictions are lifted.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage diaries, keeping them up to date and reminding fee earners of meetings on a daily basis
- Book internal/external meetings
- Travel arrangements
- Arranging photocopying, printing, scanning, sending out letters etc.
- Arranging for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales
- Support fee earners in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations
- Take internal and external telephone queries
- Monitor post/emails and deal with as appropriate
- Ensure all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office
- Arrange absence cover where necessary and communicate this to the relevant fee earners
- Client relationship management
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration
- Arrange client meetings
- Check correspondence, attachments and documents etc. produced by the document production team before they are passed to the relevant fee earner, making amendments when appropriate.
- Type urgent/short/confidential correspondence and emails
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required
- Assist fee earners in ensuring their time is recorded properly and entered onto the system on a daily basis
- Assist fee earners in the billing and credit control process
- Completing documentation for payment into and out of client account and assisting fee earners to ensure the Solicitors Accounts Rules are being complied with
- Assisting other members of the department as necessary, picking up colleagues calls and providing support whenever there is spare capacity
- Ad hoc duties as required
What you'll need
- Accurate typing of at least 60 wpm
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.