Client Onboarding Systems Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Client Onboarding Systems Analyst to join our Finance team in London to provide high quality expert support to A&O client relationship partners and the finance function in relation to the onboarding of clients - financial and commercial terms - into Allen & Overy’s processes and systems. The responsibility extends to providing practical advice to clients about our application of their terms and the escalation of client commercial terms issues to finance management. Part of the role is to ensure the accurate set-up and maintenance of client agreed rates within A&O’s systems globally and third party vendor e-billing systems; and the management of global electronic invoicing systems and processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Review commercial agreements related to rates management, billing requirements & create client onboarding plans
- Advise the commercials team of any aspects of commercial agreements / proposals that impact our rates and e-billing processes and propose alternate approaches for discussion with the client
- Escalate to senior management regarding issues that impact our processes, profitability and client relationships
- Co-ordinate implementation of processes, system configurations and maintenance of set-ups with the client and internally to ensure processes match agreements
- Manage e-billing related 3e system set-ups and communicate the updated processes and procedures to all parties.
- Managing Electronic Billing Hub (eBH) system set-ups with view to increasing the billing process benefits.
- Liaise with clients and third party vendors to ensure their aspects of e-billing system configurations are performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Update Client Rates Database, 3e and client / third party vendor systems with rates that support the commercial terms agreed with the client
- Validate that new client outside counsel guidelines match all internal system set-ups and configurations (i.e. rates, task & activity codes, title maps, billing rules, matter inception and CRD)
- Monitor implementations and ensure process and data flows are fit for purpose
- Handover new agreements / e-billing processes to the Global E-Billing Team ensuring they understand the agreement and system elements and confirming that they can process e-bills accurately and efficiently within the new client agreements
- Record and analyse Onboarding progress using Service Desk Software
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of A&O Client Onboarding processes
Client Rate Management
- Translation of new and updated client commercial agreements into the 3e timekeeper rate structure. Implementation, updating and maintenance of 3e rate structure processes to ensure accurate billing according to the commercial terms and outside counsel guidelines.
- Implementation, updating and maintenance of timekeeper / rate extracts and data processes to ensure third party vendor systems are populated with accurate rate data.
- Streamline 3e rate management process; source data, upload to 3e, upload to third party vendor systems and processes to ensure frequent maintenance of new and amended timekeepers and rates
- Data cleansing of third party vendor system timekeepers and rates to ensure easy and consistent data creation and maintenance processes.
- Collaborate with and advise clients and third party vendors to ensure system configurations are optimised to support the most efficient process for all parties and improve our working capital days.
- Creation and maintenance of handover processes for the on-going updating of timekeepers / rates to ensure the Global E-Billing Team can maintain accurate third party vendor data to support their e-billing submissions.
- Input into the future strategy of timekeeper rate management.
Maintenance and troubleshooting
The onboarding and maintenance of client agreed commercial terms is not straightforward and requires a large element of troubleshooting by someone who is solution orientated and can consider the bigger picture and what is at stake. The wider responsibilities will require the individual to be organised and on-top of the situation to ensure that income is not lost and the working capital cycle not delayed. As Client agreements come round for renewal the individual will be involved in preparing for a negotiation and on-hand to advise on the implications of suggested approaches.
- From a finance background with experience in managing client commercial arrangements
- An organised individual, able to design new working practices. Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Ability to adapt and implement change by influencing others
- Proven ability to foster and develop relationships with key internal and external clients.
- Excellent system skills, including excel, with an ability to analyse and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate messages clearly to all levels within the organisation
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under pressure and manage own workload and deadlines.
- Experience working in a global organisation with complex structures.
- Experience of working to SLAs and delivering excellent client service.
- Experience of legal services third party vendor e-billing systems.
- Experience in a law firm
- Accounting Experience
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.