Regional Marketing & BD Coordinator (Birmingham)
Our success, your opportunity.
DLA Piper, an international leading law firm, currently on its transitional journey of becoming the law firm of the future, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives. We are recruiting for a Marketing & BD Coordinator to join our marketing team in Birmingham. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please read on and apply.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Marketing & Business Development Co-ordinator will provide support to the Regional Marketing & Business Development Manager in the delivery of the Birmingham marketing plans.
A frontline role, you will work directly with partners/lawyers from across the office, supporting them with their requests whilst at the same time operating as part of a close working team. You will have a proactive and accountable approach to your work, strive to find efficient ways of working and be personable in your style. Where possible, you will delegate and co-ordinate workflow to others to support you in the delivery of tasks (e.g. Secretarial Hubs, Warsaw Global Service Centre).
The role holder should be flexible in working approach, willing to travel to meetings and events in other parts of the UK and be available to work outside normal office hours when required.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Working with the Regional Marketing team to implement each aspect of the office marketing plan in addition to supporting on One UK activity, where necessary
- Co-ordinate the delivery of specific local events from end-to-end, including initial scoping and objective setting through to execution and analysis / ROI reporting
- Provide high level support on other keynote UK-wide events as and when required
- Act as support lead on location specific tenders, capability statements and materials needed for client BD meetings. This involves initial scoping, drafting and project managing the process to completion, often to tight deadlines
- Co-ordinating attendance at local hospitality events and industry dinners
- Support on location specific internal and external communications including digital posters, news alerts, press releases, advertising, directory entries, awards entries and marketing collateral. Strong writing skills are essential
- Working with the Regional & National Sector Marketing & BD Manager, support on the co-ordination of sponsorship campaigns from end-to-end, ensuring sponsorship is maximised and value is returned, to include internal/external communications, social media and on the ground delivery
- Support the Regional & National Sector Marketing & BD Manager on ad hoc BD activity which includes working with intermediaries, client listening and practice group specific targeting and supporting on new business generation as a whole
- Produce engaging and relevant marketing collateral such as flyers, brochures and placemats
- Ensure up to date (location specific) credentials are maintained and content for proposal generator is regularly updated in order to deliver compelling sales messages
- Tracking budgets and reporting on spend
- Provide social media support locally
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in delivering support for the following activities:
- Translating the firm-wide client strategy into a pragmatic local approach by utilising the whole marketing mix (including communications and event management)
- Contributing information and ideas as part of the marketing strategy process
- Ownership of competitive products and services including pitches, RFP’s, client presentations and other BD documentation
- Comfortable dealing with and managing external suppliers (designers, PR agencies, event companies, venues etc)
- Contributing to the creation, building and management of the DLA Piper brand
- Exchange of information with others inside and outside of the marketing function. Stakeholder management and effective communication skills
- Stakeholder management and effective communication skills
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience working within a Corporate environment or, ideally, within Professional Services
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
- Be confident operating on their own initiative, owning projects and seeing them through to conclusion seeking appropriate supervision
- Demonstrate a professional approach in terms of commitment and internal client care.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrate a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Have strong interpersonal skills, working as part of a small, hands-on local team but with the ability to successfully co-ordinate projects in a virtual team environment
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a proactive 'can do' approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
- Be IT literate - experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
- Hold a Degree/CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (desirable)
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfil the role of the Regional Marketing & Business Development Co-ordinator.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.