Associate - Property Litigation
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Who we are:
We provide a fully integrated real estate dispute resolution law service for clients which works closely alongside our national projects, real estate, construction and litigation teams.
Our practice has extensive experience of acting for public and private sector commercial clients on a wide range of real estate disputes in principal areas such as development, institutional investment, commercial landlord and tenant and leasehold management. . We have experience in all forms of alternative disputes resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
We have established a solid real estate litigation practice, which delivers high quality, practical and commercial real estate dispute resolution services. In order to ensure we are fully able to resource the growing number of work opportunities we are seeking to appoint an Associate Solicitor at 3-5 years' PQE to be based in Manchester.
What you'll do:
- Advising a mixed client base from both the public and private sector on a broad range of real estate disputes;
- Assisting with statutory lease extension and enfranchisement claims, acting for both landlords and leaseholders;
- Negotiate settlements with opposing parties and advising clients on any proposed terms;
- Drafting court proceedings, witness statements and affidavits and assisting with the preparation of trial bundles;
- Assisting with the preparation of cases for hearing at the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives;
- Participating in firm-wide, office and departmental training sessions;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
What you'll need:
The firm has a competency framework for Associate level and in particular for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills, presenting and client facing skills
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Commercial awareness;
- An interest in marketing;;
- Flexibility and can do attitude;.
- Excellent academic record;
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 3-5 years' post qualification experience in property litigation, ideally with experience in leasehold management and
- Good team player.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.