Assistant IT Trainer
About the role and team
The purpose of this role will be to assist the IT Trainer in the preparation and delivery of IT training on existing and new software applications, systems and hardware to a wide-range of staff and Partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparing and delivering of training sessions/ programmes on a wide range of software applications such as Microsoft Office and other software used in a law firm using a range of approaches and mediums: 121, classroom or seminar and face-to-face or electronic
- Delivering a wide-range of induction sessions to new starters
- Provide training sessions on using hardware such as new laptops etc.
- Organising and promoting courses
- Preparing training materials Assisting staff and partners through 121 sessions
- Occasionally liaising with other organisations such as those who we purchase software from
- Making use of new technology such as distance learning or webinars
- Keeping IT skills and knowledge up to date via research, webinars and via ‘train the trainer’ courses.
- Provide support and assistance where necessary to the IT team.
- Deliver other training as agreed
- Any other reasonable duty as requested
About the candidate
We are looking for somebody with the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as technical trainer ideally in Microsoft applications and software frequently used in legal organisations
- Knowledge of modern training techniques
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to training delegates
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Confident with effective interpersonal skills.
- Motivated and flexible to ensure the smooth running of all systems, including the possibility of working early, late, through the lunchtime period or at weekends, with adequate notice.
- Occasional travel to other offices
- Ability to work well individually as well as within a team.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.