Business Development Manager
About the role and team
The firm are now recruiting for a BD Manager to join the firm and provide guidance to our fee earners in their BD plans and activities. This is the first time the firm have recruited for this position and it provides an exciting opportunity for a candidate to be involved in the design of BD processes at Anthony Collins Solicitors.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Working predominantly with the Housing and Local Government sectors and their sector leads to identify structured opportunities for targeting and networking
- Work with Partners in Housing and Local Government to develop the annual sector planning process. Provide ongoing support and monitor spend against budget. Help to provide guidance and evaluate the most productive use of fee earner time to potential returns.
- Work with CRMs to develop Key Account plans for the Housing and Local government sectors.
- Accurately record all business development activity and share intelligence across the wider team; market insight, competitor insight, campaigns, general news.
- Undertake independent service reviews with existing clients, feeding back to partners and engagement team. Use the reviews to also identify BD opportunities.
- Work with the Library to provide background research that can be used to identify BD opportunities, then work with fee earners to explain how it may be used.
- Provide budget management analysis, analysis of how effective time spent on activities is, and also overall ROI analysis for BD activities.
- Assist in informal and formal opportunities working with the Bids team as required
- Work with the wider BD team and Head of BD and Marketing to embed best practice approaches
- Help promote the effective use of the firm’s (forthcoming) CRM system to support the growth and management of client accounts.
About the candidate
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience of Business Development at a managerial level; or a Senior BD Executive looking to progress to a managerial position.
- Solid and relevant commercial acumen with a minimum of 5 years’ professional services experience.
- Able to work with fee earners to provide guidance on the best use of their time to give the most effective returns.
- Expert understanding of targeting and lead generation with a proven ability to drive and develop a pipeline of opportunities.
- Able to identify and prioritise work winning opportunities.
- Able to build networks with partners and staff at all levels across the firm and effectively influence, including the ability to connect the right people to opportunities.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Degree educated.
About the firm
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a specialist law firm with a clear purpose – to “improve lives, communities and society". For over 40 years we’ve been successfully combining market-leading legal expertise with a commitment to excellence and long-term relationships underpinned by a strong set of values.
What makes Anthony Collins Solicitors distinctive, beyond simply being a sector-specialist law firm, is our people and the values we share. We’re extremely proud of the calibre of people that we attract; people who are inspired by our values, motivated by our vision and work with our clients to positively influence the society and communities we are building together.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.