Due to an internal promotion, we currently have an opportunity to recruit an Application Architect to act as the MS Dynamics Subject Matter Expert within the business, responsible for delivering enterprise-sized MS Dynamics solutions. This manager level role will use their extensive knowledge and expertise to design, create, test and document technical solutions to meet the business requirements and challenges working with identified third parties and suppliers.
After designing their technical solution they will also represent them at the relevant Technical Design Authorities; work with the Firm's Architects in technical design discussions and advocate best practices and standards to other teams involved in the migration of existing apps to the Dynamics platform. As a regulated industry their design will also adhere to the firms established standards, patterns and principles to help ensure solutions align with the defined long term IT strategy of Allen & Overy. They will also be responsible for producing relevant documentation and will present the details to relevant stakeholders and interested parties as they guide the target design through A&O's internal governance processes, in accordance with agreed costs, and timescales.
Role and responsibilities
- Ability to work with the internal stakeholders to translate Business and Technical requirements into functional applications and features to provide to the relevant third parties involved.
- Work as integral part of an Architecture team to ensure the timely success of projects constantly working with the Design Authorities to iteratively keep the project delivery on track.
- Oversee and assist with the transition of the solution into operational use both within the relevant business teams and IT Service Management.
- You will be working with customers to understand their business and technical requirements to design MS Dynamics solutions to improve our customer’s employee experience.
- Designing complex Dynamics solutions, leading work-streams on transformational programs and ensuring conformance to agreed design standards, methods and tools, including prototyping new tools and applications where appropriate.
- Shaping Dynamics technical proposals whilst making solution/service trade-offs where appropriate and providing support to our pre-sales and bid teams to ensure solution and cost alignment.
- Resolution ownership of technical challenges for Dynamics projects and the technical escalation point for the implementation teams.
- Acting as a trusted advisor for our customers, translating a centralised Dynamics roadmap insight into customer-specific impact avoidance and benefit realisation.
- Passion for working with technical implementations and migrations in a global organisation.
- Attention to detail and willingness to take ownership of technical aspects for project delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards.
- Hands-on professional experience of working in a global enterprise across time zones with an appreciation of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to make authoritative decisions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Expertise of at least one major Dynamics application with a proven track-record of designing complex, large Dynamics transformational programmes, including hybrid configuration and Identity and Access management.
- A good working knowledge of the entire M365 stack, including their interactions and use cases.
- Strong understanding of Multi-Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), and Security and Compliance.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of the design, operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and services with specific skills in:
- Integration technologies including API’s, operational data layer's, Micro services, messaging and event-driven architecture
- AzureAD, BYOK, Microsoft 365, CRM migration
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies
- Experience of working on both Agile and Waterfall project delivery
- Interest in emerging IT trends and technologies.
- Experience of M365 is desirable.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.