Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Internal Audit in Allen & Overy provides a crucial line of defence in our financial and broader internal controls framework. Internal Audit operates independently of the finance function, but has a close working relationship with members of the Group Finance team.
This new role will deliver high quality internal audit, with the core objective of providing assurance to management and the audit committee over design and operational effectiveness of controls. Key elements of providing assurance are the conduct of financial internal audits of offices around the global network and on-going work with support functions in London and Belfast.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to gain insight into an exciting, evolving business, contribute to its internal control framework, and play an integral role in building a market leading internal audit team.
- Group Finance Team
- Office CFOs and staff
- Head of Internal Audit
Role and responsibilities
Assisting the Head of Internal Audit in:
- Developing and delivering the internal audit plan
- Identifying and evaluating exposures to financial and business risk
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal control systems established by management, reviewing their operation and identifying weaknesses
- Reviewing the systems for assessing risk and monitoring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Reviewing and investigating possible instances of fraud or irregularities and the circumstances in which they arose
- Acting as a deterrent to and detecting fraud
- Reporting findings to senior management and to the Audit Committee
- Supporting the Audit Committee in fulfilling its terms of reference
- Carrying out special requests from the Audit Committee or senior management
- Carrying out internal audits of offices
- Maintaining leading internal audit practices
- Identifying opportunities to innovate in delivery of internal audit strategy and delivery
- Experienced qualified professional with proven track record in a similar role.
- Experience of implementing and using data analytics
- Strong project management and IT skills
- Experience of leading small teams on time bound assignments
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with finance and other support staff
- Understanding the business and commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Self starter and ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas
- Attention to detail
Who we are looking for
- Recognised professional internal audit or accounting qualification (e.g. Chartered Accountant, Chartered Internal Auditor, or equivalent.).
- The ideal candidate would be newly qualified, or with one - two years post qualification experience.
Additional information - External
Applications will close on Tuesday 26/01 at 5pm